City of London Boys - Interview Letters

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

IngaL

City of London Boys - Interview Letters

Post by IngaL »

Hi, Anyone received result letters or interview invitations already for 10, 13 Feb?
CPM1771

Re: City of London Boys - Interview Letters

Post by CPM1771 »

There have been some posts on this site suggesting that some parents had already received phone calls inviting children for interviews which I found concerning as the information from the school was clear that letters would be posted on 2nd February. Having spoken to the school, only children who have applied for a sponsored award, i.e. where family income is less than £45,000p.a, have been contacted. For all others letters are being posted today. If anyone has different information to this then please post a reply. Good luck !
IngaL

Post by IngaL »

Tomorrow, I guess... Will have to wait till after work :(
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

Letters have arrived this morning and contained good news for us. Good luck to everyone.
IngaL

Post by IngaL »

Congratulations! Does it have any info how many boys are invited? Can't wait till evening...
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

No - just a very simple letter saying that they will be needed for 2 hours. We can go in the front door this time, so they have obviously whittled the numbers down ! Hope its good news.
Yoch

Post by Yoch »

Very happy that DS has been invited to an interview. Anyone know what the group session is about? How did those boys who had sponsored awards interviews find them?
IngaL

Post by IngaL »

We are not in for the interviews. This one is over for us. Still one more interview at an other Indie and wait for the results. Good luck to everyone!
CPM1771

Post by CPM1771 »

Sorry to hear that. Checked in to hear your news. From the people we know it looks like they are interviewing about 30% of applicants. Bearing in mind how competetive it is I wouldn't worry too much. They had the highest number ever sit the exam this year which is a reflection of how silly educating a child in London is becoming. It really is all very stressful. Hope it all works out. Best wishes to you and your son.
mamakiso

Post by mamakiso »

Yoch wrote:Very happy that DS has been invited to an interview. Anyone know what the group session is about? How did those boys who had sponsored awards interviews find them?
My DS had his interview today. Came out smiling so it was good. He felt it was very relaxed, not stressful at all. All fingers crossed and good luck to all our children!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now