Dates of exams

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Mum2007

Dates of exams

Post by Mum2007 »

I am new to this sight so apologies for any errors!!!

My daughter will be sitting the 2007 exams this year, does anyone have an idea of dates for the verbal and non-verbal examinations??

I am hoping for her to sit the Woodford County High school For Girls but am not really aware of what is a pass or border line, any clues??

We have been working hard revising at home, but only been doing papers twice a week is that enough or less, which we look over together.

To be honest i'm more nervous than my child!!

Many Thanks :?
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

There are 2 Papers for the Redbridge exam - Verbal and Non-Verbal reasoning. One is held in December and the other in January. I don't know the exact dates but the one in December is normally before Christmas.
Blessed

Post by Blessed »

The border line mark cannot be predicted till after the exams. I presume they'll take the first 120 children and then put the next 50 on the border line. It's very unlikely that all the children on the border line would be offered a place.
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Last year only 5 children got through from Borderzone. I do not know if this is 5 from the boys school or five from the girls, or a combination.
chelmsfor mum

Post by chelmsfor mum »

hi bo peep

sorry to change the subject but i keep looking in to see how your getting on and cant find you

how life and hows it all going?

chelmsfor mum
Bo Peep

Post by Bo Peep »

Hi Chelmsfor Mum,

Thanks for asking.

I'm firmly rooted in the appeals section :cry:

Well - so far we don't have an appeal date for grammar, we are 315 on the waiting list for good local comprehensive school - but live just over a mile away and are out of catchment! We are on the waiting list as a late applicant for another school - they say we meet all their criteria, but since we were late applicants our son has to go on the waiting list as they have their full quota now. The waiting list goes by whoever lives closest to the school at the time when a place comes up, and we live (as the crow flies) 6.6 miles from the school. :(

Have been offered the worst school in the borough - just removed from special measures - It wasn't on our list of choices. We didn't even bother telling our son about it as even the name of the school makes him shudder...my husband taught some RE lessons in there once and couldn't wait to get out!

Our most realistic option is that we will have to homeschool until a place comes up (if a place comes up) at a more suitable school.

Not giving up on the appeal - realise it is a very long shot, but we are praying!!

Thanks again for asking after me and my little man.

Take care.
chelmsfor mum

Post by chelmsfor mum »

hi again bo peep

so pleased to have found you again, we all went through so much together from 11+, to results time and we were all a great support to one another, im sorry to hear you are still no nearer the end, it must be awful for both you and your little man, please keep us all informed of how you get on and i wish you the best of luck on your appeal date. can i ask? how comes you didnt get offered the school a mile from your home? it seems so unfair?thinking of you and hoping the appeal comes soon

chelmsford mum
Joanne

Post by Joanne »

I'd also like to wish you well Bo Peep! I really hope your son gets in on appeal, and will be thinking of you in the coming months. Good luck with everytning, and we are all still here if you need a chat.

Joanne x

P.S Hello Chelmsford mum.....hope you are well too!
Mum2007

Post by Mum2007 »

Thanks Blessed for you help.

I would like my daughter to sit a couple of exams, does anyone know what exams the chelmsford school sit Standard maths and english or Verbal and non- verbal reasoning.

How many different schools should we try for?? the only one i can think of is Woodford County High, any suggestions of what are other good schools i could try??

How often should i do practice papers a week with my daughter???

Many Thanks
Azzurri

Post by Azzurri »

Hi Mum 2007,

Besides Woodford County the Children in my daughter's class have tried to get scholarships in Forest School,where they teach the boys and girls separtely,Bancrofts in Woodford Green and chigwell school. These are independant schools but it's always worth a try.The only other grammar schools I know are the Chelmesford grammar for girls,Westcliff and Southend if you don't mind the travelling.

Good Luck
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now