Story Scaffolds

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

fatbananas

Story Scaffolds

Post by fatbananas »

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any books about story and essay scaffolds? I've seen the book below on Amazon but have no idea if it's any good or not. I've tried trawling the internet for free resources but can't find anything except for books.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1904307256/r ... _ti_hist_1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

any help would be appreciated. Don't really know how to help my DS with this. :?
Seize the day ... before it seizes you.
scarlett

Re: Story Scaffolds

Post by scarlett »

Twenty six pounds ???? :shock: I think we'll have to find you something else . Is this to help your DS structure his story writing or to think up stories ? I'm sure I've seen somewhere a website with all different openings , middle ideas and endings ..The School Run I think....sorry if I'm not allowed to put that or it's blocked..I'll pm you maybe ?

If it's story ideas that has to come from his imagination and plenty of reading. Which bit is he stuck with ?
um

Post by um »

TES has a lot of free resources on this.

Pie Corbett has also written some great KS2 books...I have a few.
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Scarlett, I know! That's why I thought I'd garner opinions on it first!! It's more to structure the stories because DS seems to get lost in a miasma (despite having his story mountain in front of him!). I'm sure I've posted on this before and someone mentioned scaffolds then (I think; feeling pretty brain-dead this morning. Why isn't there an emoticon for tha?!). But I'm getting desperate as it was mentioned AGAIN to me when I spoke to his teacher on Friday.

Thanks Um, I'll check out the TES website. I saw some Pie corbett books when I was looking on Amazon. I'll have another search for those.

Thank you :)
fatbananas

Post by fatbananas »

Just to say, I've just looked at the school run website, Scarlett. Why haven't I found it before? It looks great!