School entry 2013 - all Year 5 parents!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Guest55

School entry 2013 - all Year 5 parents!

Post by Guest55 »

May I recommend that you go round Open Evenings this September/October? :D

You will feel more relaxed and can visit more schools. It is then easier to draw up a short list and just revisit the key ones next year. The Open evening are quite near test dates and it is easier to be aware of 'superficial gloss' if you are not worried about the upcoming 11+ tests.

Again do go round in a school day - :lol:
heartmum

Re: School entry 2013 - all Year 5 parents!

Post by heartmum »

:shock: school entry 2013 ... that's me - again!!!!

You're right about doing the initial visits in Y5. Last time with my older DC I did the rounds in Y6 which coincided with the 11+ tests, it was too much, all at once!

I've already gone onto the schools websites to get the dates of their open evenings/days and will be taking my Y5 DC this year. I just can't believe it's happening all over again!!! :shock: :roll:
Heartmum x x x
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Very good advice from Guest55. The full list of open events at all Bucks secondary schools can be found here:

https://schoolsweb.buckscc.gov.uk/schoo ... lendar.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

:shock: says it all, can't believe that it is already February with Y6 and 11+ looming - suddenly home life has been taken over by 11+ practice. :shock: :?

DC seems to think it's ages away, but us parents know these next few months will fly by :shock:

One advantage of all this work, my vocab has greatly improved :wink: :lol:
Heartmum x x x
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Do you mean current Y4s to look at schools this year in Y5 for 2014 entry? :shock:

Sound advice, though. Especially if you are OOC, looking around the grammars in Y6 really is too late if your decision whether or not to enter the test is likely to be influenced. Our own Y5-to-be is I think quite happy to wait until Y6, though - as the youngest of 4 she could probably take visitors on guided tours of our local school and the grammar herself! :lol:
Marylou
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I will start a new thread for you if you like :lol:

This thread was started last year when the dates for Open mornings was published ...
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

Good grief - didn't look at the date!

Tempus certainly does fugit. :lol:
Marylou
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

My fault :oops: was sounding out my feelings whilst doing 11+ prep with my DC, just used 'Guest55' thread instead of starting a new one :oops: :roll:

Head so full of number patterns, letter sequences, vocab ... I'm too exhausted to even think about new topic headings!!! :lol:
Heartmum x x x
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now