March 1st anxiety starting to set in!!!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
onlyson

March 1st anxiety starting to set in!!!!

Post by onlyson »

Oh dear, really dont know how I'm going to keep my anxiety to myself till Thursday,March 1st. DS just takes it for granted he's going to get his first choice,really hope he does!!!! Reading on another region's post,someone said the schools get the allocations before the parents. Does anyone know if this the case in Bexley?? Also,with regard to the email/letters,are they posted on the 1st to be received on the 2nd?? Last question :?: ,when do parents start getting the emails? I've been told in the past,the emails start coming in the night before but this doesnt soung right to me!! :?
Well,I've got that off my chest....hope I'm still of sound mind by allocation day.....Hurry up,March 1st!!!!!!!!!! :wink: :lol:
bondgirl

Re: March 1st anxiety starting to set in!!!!

Post by bondgirl »

Hi onlyson

Last year the email arrived at about 5,15pm (I was on the train on the way home from work - still feel slightly sick when I think about it). The email itself told you which school had been allocated rather than having to then go and log onto the LEA website. However, I'm in Bromley not Bexley - could all be different for you.

The letter was posted on 1st and arrived the next morning - think that bit is fairly standard.

Hope DS gets his first choice x
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Only two weeks to go - but it seems such a long time to wait!!
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

Thanks Bondgirl :) x
And Muggle, I actually think the next two weeks are going to seem sooooo much longer compared the waiting we've had since filling the CAF form,oh well.......
Good luck,everybody!!!!!!!!!
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Three more sleeps ....... ! Three more days of anxious waiting.
onlyson

Post by onlyson »

If only this wasn't a leap year!!!!!! urghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :twisted:
martin76

Post by martin76 »

Hello,

Do you know what time they are sending emails from Greenwich council ?
And good luck! :)
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

I just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK for this evening. I hope your DC all get the school they want, I think we all deserve good news at the end of this long and nerve wracking process. My fingers are tightly crossed. x
blessedmum

Post by blessedmum »

Good luck to everyone for today and tomorrow if you're expecting letters.

Was in your shoes last year.

Am sure everything will fall in place. Remember with supportive parents, your children will be succesfull and will do well. A good school makes a difference but your love and support is the ultimate thing your children requie.

Good luck. fingers crossed.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

I echo blessedmum - was in your shoes this time last year and will be going through it again next year :shock: Fingers crossed for all of you. Your children will go far with your love and support whichever school they go to :D

Good luck xx