Audio cd list

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Audio cd list

Post by DIY Mum »

Can anyone add to my very short list of audio cds??

R. Dahl collection
Just so stories,
Lord of the Rings
Best of our Island stories

Aiming for kids between ks1-2.

TIA (Thanks in advance) :)
FluffyD

Re: Audio cd list

Post by FluffyD »

Horrid Henry
Famous Five
Secret Seven
Mallory Towers (if a girl! :lol: )
Just So Stories
Dr Seuss
There are some Michael Murpogo ones as well
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Do a search for audio CD's on Amazon and there are loads to choose from.
x
Vic x
MrsBrown

Post by MrsBrown »

better still go to library - they are free!

Good selection at most Libraries and you can order iin any you want specifically....much nicer on the wallet!

8)
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

I don't know if I'm allowed to mention this, but as it's not for profit and doing a fantastic job for charity, I will:
http://www.childrens-audio-theatre.org. ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
They are a fantastic, community group of people offering free podcasts of stories read by professional actors and produced by a very talented Australian who used to write radio plays for the BBC. They are aiming to produce several titles each year and offer written resources to go with them. They are hoping to buy mp3 players for sick children in hospital to make their lives a little better. :D
Last edited by ourmaminhavana on Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIY Mum
Location: Not in a hole in the ground but in a land where once they dwelt-the Beormingas

Post by DIY Mum »

Wow, thanks guys!

OMIH- I love the site you've mentioned (have added it to my homepage to refer to during my teaching practice).

Thanks again. :D
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

Not very high brow, but my son loves the Harry Potter ones and the Anthony Horowitz ones. Anything that gets him thinking about words is a winner for me at the moment! Oh - and Eoin Colfer as well. We trvel a lot in the car and always listen to audio CDs. the Roald Dahl collection went down a treat.

You can aso download quite a few free ones from itunes that have been series on the radoio.
FluffyD

Post by FluffyD »

I never thought to look for free podcasts, will be doing that this afternoon instead of getting on with uni work now!
Vic x
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now