Primary school 11 plus results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ClaireW

Primary school 11 plus results

Post by ClaireW »

Does anyone know where I can find which Trafford Primary School has the highest 11 plus results - so which gets the most pupils into grammar schools?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

I am not aware that you can find that information anywhere. Possibly individual head teachers might be able to quote you numbers for their school.

The head of the school my kids attend informed parents that the school doesn't actually get the results of the 11+ (since it is the parents who enter the child for the exam) and relies on parents/kids informing her of the pass/fail and even who sat/didn't sit the exam.

I don't know what stage you are at in the process but another question worth asking the head is to what extent they teach for the exam. Some schools teach intensively for it. Some schools don't teach for it at all.
DavEhulme

Pass Results

Post by DavEhulme »

Claire, you won't easily find the information you seek. Schools are not directlyinvolved in the 11 plus process, so this site is among your best chances to find stuff out. You might also try on local forums such as urmston dot net.
There is a very wide variety in the support given to parents from school to school, with attitudes varying from supportive to hostile.
Do you want to know about certain scools in particular?
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

DavE - did you get anywhere with the Alty Girls waiting list? I think you had your grammar place locally but were on the waiting list for Alty and seeing how things went.
DavEhulme

Alty Girls

Post by DavEhulme »

TraffordMum, no we didn't get anywhere with Alty Girls, but all in all, we're very happy with our situation. She will be with more of her friends and it's only round the corner!
No. 2 is doing the 11+ this year so the process has started again already!

Still, I've always thought that sleeping at night was overrated anyway.
TraffordMum

Post by TraffordMum »

DavE - I'm glad you are happy with the outcome. Being so close to your school is a big advantage, I think. much better than having to travel if you don't have to.

Best wishes with No 2's 11+. I have a year off before my No 2 sits it. I think it must be easier the second time round. At least we now have some knowledge as to how it all works in practice.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now