English Creative writing

11 Plus English - Preparation and Information

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Tulip

English Creative writing

Post by Tulip »

Hi Everyone,

My friends dd is in year 6 & she is struggling with her creative writing. Her level of writing is 4B in school,
so please let me know if anyone know any tips that she could improve her writing :idea: Hope somebody
might help. Thank you.
Cranleigh

Re: English Creative writing

Post by Cranleigh »

There are lots of book recommendations - see details on this site. I have found this useful for Y5/Y6, some useful tips and videos etc: http://baldworm.blogspot.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HTH
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Thanks Cranleigh, It's a good website. :)
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Can you tell us a bit more? In what way is she struggling? Is it hard to come up with ideas? Or to develop them, or to structure them?
What feedback or criticism is she getting from school?

I teach CW and am very happy to give tips but want to know more so I can offer specific, helpful advice.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Hi menagerie,

Sorry to reply you so late, she is struggling with all three of the list. She has got 4b last time in her class.
If you could help this girl it would be more grateful. :? Could you please pm me. Thank you.
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

Grr, just wrote you an enormously long post, with all the planning and development stages outlined in it, but hadn't logged in, so it didn't save. :roll:

I will PM you when I have a moment. Got to go and pick boys up from cubs now.
999 mum

Post by 999 mum »

menagerie wrote:Grr, just wrote you an enormously long post, with all the planning and development stages outlined in it, but hadn't logged in, so it didn't save. :roll:

I will PM you when I have a moment. Got to go and pick boys up from cubs now.
Please post it here, there are a lot of us who would benefit from your advice. :oops: :oops:
menagerie

Post by menagerie »

I will 999. That's why i did initially. But it took about an hour, then I lost it, and I'm flat out with deadlines this week now. So will come back to it and post it properly here as a reference tool.
malibu

Post by malibu »

menagerie wrote:I will 999. That's why i did initially. But it took about an hour, then I lost it, and I'm flat out with deadlines this week now. So will come back to it and post it properly here as a reference tool.
Thanks, that would help plenty of us :lol: