On WGGS site, it now gives the full exam timetable:

Tuesday 11th September - Music aptitude test
Saturday 15th September - Academic test
Friday 21st September - Queens’ sports aptitude test
Saturday 22nd September - Bushey Meads technology aptitude test
Monday 24th September - Start of second round music tests
Tuesday 9th October - Scores notified to parents :shock:

Points to remember
1. If your child is due to transfer to secondary school in September 2013 and you are thinking of applying for a place in Y7 at one of the Consortium schools, you will need to enter your child to take the relevant tests.
2. A form to do this will be available from 14th May until 15th June 2012, and further information will be given at that time.
3. There is no need to worry about this now, or to take any action before 14th May.
4. Hertfordshire County Council will pass information for parents via primary schools and we will continue to use each school’s website to guide you through the process
suchi

Re: Dates for 2012 Consortium exams

Post by suchi »

Good to see some movement from Herts Consortium Group.
tense

Post by tense »

Thanks Herty. Perhaps this should be added to the new 'critical date for all areas' section too?

Do you know if the Watford Grammars are planning to hold open days earlier in the year? Parmiter's open day is currently scheduled for 27 September.
WP

Post by WP »

tense wrote:Thanks Herty. Perhaps this should be added to the new 'critical date for all areas' section too?
I've put link there. (I'm a bit scared to take responsibility for the dates.)
Long Journey

Post by Long Journey »

Thank you. Feel a bit nervous seeing that in black and white.
busybeenfun

Post by busybeenfun »

This information is also on the Queens' website. It looks like a formal communication from the SW Consortium.
herty

Post by herty »

The link is here on the WGGS site -

http://www.watfordgrammarschoolforgirls ... arents.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It is the first item on the front page of the website here:

http://www.watfordgrammarschoolforgirls ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So I'm pretty sure it's true - don't think they'd be putting it on the website if it wasn't!
Last edited by herty on Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

Pleased that the confirmed dates have now been officially published. Not pleased to be involved in the first running of these changed dates but hope it will be less nerve racking come allocation day this time round given that we will know the test scores of our DC. Should help give us a better idea of what may be allocated come March 2013 rather than the endless wondering of what sort of test score our DC managed to achieve on the day.

My interpretation of the information is that people need to apply by mid June for a test place. I do hope that the information is passed onto ALL involved children in plenty of time so that they don't miss the date.

Alison
herty

Post by herty »

Of course, what will be very interesting is what form these scores take. Stadardised marks? But against all candidates presumably rather than those applying for your first choice school, as they don't know this yet, as applications haven't been made yet?

Or a ranking against all those who took the exam - again, not that helpful as presumably not all those who took the exam will go on to apply, or to apply to the school they took the exam at, or may apply to a few of the Consortium schools...?

Sounds very complicated both to administer and to understand.
herty

Post by herty »

I suppose a standardised score sounds the most likely option rather than a ranking - will mean lots of friends comparing marks. :(