2012 Allocations : general

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SUpple

2012 Allocations : general

Post by SUpple »

The Bucks website states that you can view your allocations from 4pm on 1st March :
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/bcc/schools/a ... ear_7.page" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?

So, it looks like the staying-up-until-midnight thing is off! :shock:

Also, page 18 of last year's entry guide states that we can "Ask to go on the waiting list for your preferred school(s); these could be your original preferences or any new preferences". Does this mean we can go on a waiting list for a school that we didn't even list on our CAF?

(See
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... _Entry.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)
SUpple

Re: 2012 Allocations : general

Post by SUpple »

Ok, so it's taken me about an hour to realise I am not actually a Bucks resident... :lol:

Ealing borough residents can find out by logging in from 5pm, although hopefully the letter would have arrived earlier that morning anyway. Do they post the letter on that day, or do we receive the letter on that day??!

My head is all over the place today, I dread to think what I will be like this time next week!
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I think they post the letter that day. Two years ago even though we could supposedly log on from midnight it was not possible ubtil the afternoon,by which time the email had arrived. If you applied on line you may get an email? I don't know about OOC.
scary mum
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

The earliest way is to check the allocation profile which is usually published on the day the letters are posted.
Marylou
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

Thanks Marylou - last week when I was reading old posts (must get a life) I found your post from last year when you posted the link so I went in search of it on Bucks web site just to be sure I could find it on 1st March.

On the allocations page it says 'Information about how we allocated the places for those children moving up to secondary school in September 2012 will be available here on 1 March 2012.'

It doesn't give a time but I read somewhere that Bucks are opening their online portal at 4pm so perhaps it will be there then? Or later?

I unfortunately couldn't apply for my DD online so I have to wait for snail mail and my LA are posting them on 1st March - hopefully to arrive by 2nd... more realistic would be the 3rd. So I will be glued to Bucks website on the 1st.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

So I will be glued to Bucks website on the 1st.
Someone will post them on here at some point during the day, I am sure. Although I think EPE creaked a little on March 1st last year!
scary mum
Kiwimum

Post by Kiwimum »

scary mum wrote: Although I think EPE creaked a little on March 1st last year!
I remember that - but I was just a lurker then - this year it's personal!!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

scary mum wrote:Someone will post them on here at some point during the day, I am sure. Although I think EPE creaked a little on March 1st last year!
The Programmer has been working on this problem, and our server has been upgraded, so with a bit of luck things will be different this year.

In a sense we had "double jeopardy" last year because it was not only our that site was creaking. Admissions portals all round the country were collapsing under the strain, so lots of people were coming on here instead in the hope of getting scraps of news.
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

Thanks for all the info, all. So it looks like I will be glued to this forum and the Bucks website next Thu!
Kiwimum wrote:
scary mum wrote: Although I think EPE creaked a little on March 1st last year!
I remember that - but I was just a lurker then - this year it's personal!!
LOL at Kiwimum!
scary mum wrote: If you applied on line you may get an email? I don't know about OOC.
I just checked, we just get a letter (and the website from 4pm), no emails! :roll: