Not long to wait now

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Not long to wait now

Post by Guest »

Today is the 8th February so it is only 3 weeks or so before we all know whether our dear children have made the grade. How is everyone feeling? I have found that the closer the date gets, the more stressed I feel, although I know there is nothing to be done now. How am I going to open that letter when it comes. It comes straight from the school I believe, not from the LEA. Am I right? Will I be able to tell from which school it has come before I open it by the postmark? How am I going to tell her if she doesn't get in? The post doesn't arrive until around 11.30, so she will be at school, hubby will be at work - it will just be me and the letter.

Oh dear . . .
MM

22 days and counting

Post by MM »

In Kent for standard 11+ students the LEA posts the letters on 1st March so some will arrive on the 2nd, some later. I understand that the letter tells the child which school they have been allocated and from that they can deduce whether or not they passed the 11+. The headteacher at the primary school is then at liberty to divulge the scores - if asked.
Essex mum

Post by Essex mum »

In Essex the letter comes from the LEA not the school so we will have no idea until we open it. My son wants to open the letter, which I feel is only right, as he is the one who has put all the hard work in.

We're not stressed at all, no point in worrying about something you can't change.

Post by Guest »

I am in Essex as well and I went through this with my son in 2000 (although we didn't have to wait as long then). I think about it every day for my daughter - I am much worse with her than I was with my son but I think that is because she is so desperate to go to CCHSG and my son didn't really mind which school he went to. I am counting down the days - the other thing I am worried about is if she is the only one in her class that doesn't get a grammar place. - she will be devastated.
KenR

Post by KenR »

We live in Worcestershire close to the Birmingham boundary and our child sat the Birmingham Grammar 11+ exams. I understand, from the Worcs LEA literature, that they post the letter to parents on the 1st March by 2nd class post - so this may not arrive till the 3rd March or even later!

I suspect that Birmingham LEA parents will get the results before us.

I don't know if the Birmingham KE Foundation Grammar School send out results to parents as well. I suspect not.
fiona

not long now

Post by fiona »

Hello,

If you are trying for Calday, (Wirral) when the letter arrives if it is a bulky letter you have Calday as they put a welcome pack in, Hilbre does not!

Hope this helps!

Fiona

Post by Guest »

Hi,
We live in East Lancs so it's Lancs LEA who send out our letter on the 1st March.

They will tell us if she's got her first choice of an out of area grammar :?

If not whether she's got her 2nd or 3rd choice of comprehesive :oops:

Finally if none of these which alternative school she has been allocated :x

Footymad.

The stress gets greater by the day!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
Bournemouth

Post by Bournemouth »

We applied online (Bournemouth LEA) and so apparently will be sent an email advising us of what school our son has got.
Not sure when the emails will go out. First thing on March 1st would be nice :?:
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Well, step-daughter's passed her driving test this afternoon at the 1st attempt.

So hopefully we will get some more good news in just over a week for the next oldest daughter
:wink:

Footymad
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

Two days or so to go............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... :roll:

Footymad :?:
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now