Primary Heads - Do they already know 11+ results?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

bestshot

Primary Heads - Do they already know 11+ results?

Post by bestshot »

10 days to go and getting really nervous now! Do primary heads already know Colyton results? Keep hoping for positive vibe from DC's head but nothing forthcoming......
nearly there

Re: Primary Heads - Do they already know 11+ results?

Post by nearly there »

I think they used to, because they would be involved in submitting a report for borderzone children (and such headteacher appeals happened without the knowledge of parents, before the results were communicated to them).

I hope this doesn't happen now- I see no valid reason why it should!
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

I think they do because I have just spoken to the Plymouth education dept to ask when they post the online results and it's from midnight, but the very helpful man told me if I couldn't access them I could ask in DDs school in the morning as they will have the results!
bestshot

Post by bestshot »

That could just mean that they get the results at midnight too!?
faith237

Post by faith237 »

Hi-it's interesting to read this as last year my daughter had a parents evening at the end of Feb and the teacher kept referring to 'when she is at the Grammar'. We came away thinking that he was very confident of the result-and yes, she got in. This year my other daughter sat it and again at parents evening a few references were made to going to TGGS-but I don't want to get my hopes up!! Anyone know for sure? One mother told me that they get told at the end of January.
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

I wouldn't be surprised if they already knew. Wonder if I can bribe her teacher with an apple???? :lol:
hurryup

Post by hurryup »

Does anyone know if we actually receive an e-mail on Thursday morning, or do we have to log into website with our child's I.D number. I have heard people say both and am still unsure. Think I will get my hubby to do it, very nervous.
Kit

Post by Kit »

Are you in Devon, Plymouth or Torbay?

I'm in Devon and here the e-mails start being sent out at 8.30am in batches (don't know when they plan to finish the last batch) and in theory you should be able to log on to the website after midnight to see the offer information.
I last went through this 3 years ago and then I got no e-mail and there was nothing on the website by mid-morning so I ended up phoning up admissions! Hopefully it will all be more efficient this year.
hurryup

Post by hurryup »

I am in Plymouth, awaiting results for girls school and am a first timer. Trying to decide whether to stay up late or get up early. Would like to find out before school day to prep dd before phone/text starts going mad and playground gossip starts.
mommasmaug

Post by mommasmaug »

I'm planning on staying up late. Will be rather miffed if they arent posted lol Which school did you sit at for exam hurry up ?