Fingers crossed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Devon

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Steph42

Fingers crossed

Post by Steph42 »

hi. Awaiting 11 plus results for tbgs. The wait is agonising.
Kit

Re: Fingers crossed

Post by Kit »

Yes- my fingernails are rapidly disappearing. We're waiting for CGS.

Not long now- I hope you get good news on Thursday :D
Steph42

Post by Steph42 »

Good luck to you and lets hope its good news.
bestshot

Post by bestshot »

3 days to go..... DC reminded me this morning that she found the Colyton maths paper very hard indeed, much harder than the practice one, and didn't finish it. She's told me to give up hope basically and that she'll be fine going to her second choice.

She doesn't know that it's by no means certain that she'll get her second choice because we don't live in the catchment area.....

Colyton takes the top 10% of children, regardless of what its prospectus says, and I know in my heart of hearts that DC is not top 10%. All GCSE's taken a year early and 4 A Levels? I don't really think it would be in her best interest.

So why am I so nervous about Thursday? Probably because older DC went to Colyton and I will feel that I have let her down if she doesn't go too.

Am worried also that she would like to go to Colyton rather more than she would lead me to believe.....
devonmum

Post by devonmum »

Good luck all of you waiting your results - hope its good news!
nearly there

Post by nearly there »

Thanks Devonmum!

All this waiting is awful. My DC found the Maths much harder than the VR as well Bestshot, if that's any consolation.

You did worry me a bit saying Colyton take the top 10%- where did you hear this from?
I sort of assumed it was top 20-25% like the website/ video says.
bestshot

Post by bestshot »

If Colyton takes children from West Dorset, East Devon and South Somerset it can only possibly be the top 10% of children that it takes with only 120 places on offer. Think of all the primary schools in those areas. Admittedly some children may choose not to apply, but on the other hand, there are plenty from Exeter and way beyond that do.