North London Consortium waiting lists

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Threetimes

North London Consortium waiting lists

Post by Threetimes »

My DD got some good offers however for her first choice school she is on the waiting list. It would be helpful for my psychological state if people could post when and if they receive offers from the waiting lists of any of the North London Consortium schools! :D

Hoping for positive news this week.

Threetimes
Humbug

Re: North London Consortium waiting lists

Post by Humbug »

Nothing would make me happier than to be able to do this! In a very similar position. Which school are you waiting for?
scooby2

Post by scooby2 »

I can tell you of 3 places at G&L which will/have been released, if that helps at all. Also 3 at Latymer, 3 at NHEHS & 7 at FHS Graham Terrace.
Threetimes

Post by Threetimes »

Any news about consortium waiting lists?

I think there has been some movement at NHEHS?

Threetimes :D
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

No news here. To be honest, I'm not feeling very optimistic as I don't think the timing is going to work out. We can't afford to lose the (huge) deposit on the 2nd choice school, and they need their answer before much is likely to have changed on the waiting list. Unless a miracle happens. 2nd choice school is nice, and I'm sure she'll do well there - it's just a bit depressing.

Anyone else?
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

We were offered a place today! Absolutely thrilled. A horrible wait, but we've got our first choice!
Thingsbehindthesun

Post by Thingsbehindthesun »

Humbug that's brilliant news!

Well done to your daughter!

:D :)
Dolcelatte

Post by Dolcelatte »

That is wonderful news, i'm so pleased for you. :D
ConcernedDad

Post by ConcernedDad »

Humbug wrote:No news here. To be honest, I'm not feeling very optimistic as I don't think the timing is going to work out. We can't afford to lose the (huge) deposit on the 2nd choice school, and they need their answer before much is likely to have changed on the waiting list. Unless a miracle happens. 2nd choice school is nice, and I'm sure she'll do well there - it's just a bit depressing.

Anyone else?

Hey Humbug,

Congratulations!

It's not a miracle. Your DD did get what she deserves! Hearty congratulations! DW and me are so happy for you!

Your first choice is an awesome school. DW and me were discussing hardly an hour ago that this school will be so good for DD2. That is 4 years away. So, I can take a breather for a while :)

Congrats again!
Humbug

Post by Humbug »

Thank you so much! DD has been absolutely beaming all evening - as have I! Appreciate everyone's support here, and I'm now here to offer hope to anyone else in our position. It does happen!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now