DIY books

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Stevehopkins

DIY books

Post by Stevehopkins »

Please, what plans for all the books bought for revision such as bond, ge letts, Athens etc... Hang on for memories, charity shop or pass down to families who are entering system next
scary mum

Re: DIY books

Post by scary mum »

I'm afriad we burnt ours (those that were written in, anyway) and did a little celebratory dance around them :D
scary mum
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

scary mum wrote:I'm afriad we burnt ours (those that were written in, anyway) and did a little celebratory dance around them :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh scary mum, burning books is never a good precedent :D but I can see why you couldn't resist.
UmSusu
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

After 3 going through the Bucks 11 plus I was ready for it, I can tell you. Mind you, we didn't do it until after results day, just in case of 12 plus!
scary mum
ok1

Post by ok1 »

scary mum wrote:I'm afriad we burnt ours (those that were written in, anyway) and did a little celebratory dance around them :D
As long as this burning ritual was carried out privately, dread to think what wild thoughts ran through your unsuspecting neighbour’s head, when upon drawing the curtains for the night they looked onto the garden to find you chanting around a fire, burning books and laughing hysterically, :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: add your user name into the equation and I think an explanation may be long overdue - sorry my vivid imagination is running wild again :D :lol: :D :lol:

On a serious note I recall hearing of tragic events around bonfire night where local councils did not have sufficient materials to burn and were forced to cancel the much loved traditional fire. :(

I know I could make a considerable donation to the skip. :D :D
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

to find you chanting around a fire, burning books and laughing hysterically,
I'm looking around nervously, where you watching, ok1? :lol: :lol:
scary mum