Rochester Grammar

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

deb9999

Rochester Grammar

Post by deb9999 »

Does anyone know the pass mark required for Rochester Grammar?
Helen

Medway

Post by Helen »

I assume this is in reference to admission and oversubscription criteria:
"In rank order based on test scores"

I have a daughter there and at the time she sat the 11+ I was concerned she may not score high enough. However, I was advised by a very experienced teacher, who said that in all the time they had been teaching they had never known a child 'who had placed Rochester first and passed not be allocated a place.' This teacher also believed that Rochester paid particular attention to VR scores.... I didn't ask but took this to mean that a child with a lowish pass but high VR score stood more chance of gaining a place.

This was a good few years ago now and circumstances may have changed and is of course merely speculation on my part.

That said it is possible that a child who has passed and placed Rochester first does not get a place, however I think that this would apply to a very very few children.

It is also worth bearing in mind that there are sufficient places for all those who passed to attend one of the Grammars.. and that the spread of preference for these schools is likely to be even considering location of residence. Lets face it.. someone in Rainham isn't going to put Rochester first when they can go to Rainham Mark, Chatham Girls or Fort Pitt!

Hope this helps.
deb9999

Rochester Grammar

Post by deb9999 »

Just to say mu daughter gained a place and is ecstatic. It was the only school she really wanted to go to. So pleased for her. Hope others are as happy. :) :) :)
Footymad

Post by Footymad »

"CONGRATS"

DEBS!!

Well done on you're daughter gaining a place at Rochester!!

Footymad :wink:
HP

Post by HP »

Really fantastic DEB

Very pleased for you. :D :D :D

HP

Re: Rochester Grammar

Post by Guest »

deb9999 wrote:Just to say mu daughter gained a place and is ecstatic. It was the only school she really wanted to go to. So pleased for her. Hope others are as happy. :) :) :)
Is there anybody who could help me about writing test?I do not have any clue for the writing topic & there is no practice test. :? :?
Peter

Post by Peter »

Rochester Girls Grammar selects on highest aggregate scores. Then admits additional children through appeal. Some years all who passed get in, most years they don't.
Embleton

Post by Embleton »

Does anybody know what sort of scores got into Rochester Grammar last year?
term time

Post by term time »

Last year they were undersubscribed ! - all first and second got in

Post by Guest »

Embleton wrote:Does anybody know what sort of scores got into Rochester Grammar last year?
Hi I'm new to this site, just found it, but in reply to your question I don't know about last year but my daughter's tutor told me the highest the pass mark for Rochester Grammar has been in recent years is 528 and has also been down as low as the actual pass mark, although with the actual pass mark being so high this year I am a little concerned that it might push the Rochester pass mark up higher, my dd is hoping to go there as well.