results by email?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ziggy

results by email?

Post by ziggy »

We sent our application to the Essex LEA via the internet. I remember ticking a box requesting the results to be sent by email. Does anyone know if the results email will be sent on the 1st March and if so what time can we expect it? Any advice appreciated.
Essex

Results by e-mail

Post by Essex »

Ziggy,

Is it the school allocation you are expecting by e-mail or the actual 11+ results from the consortium?

I think you are really brave. I always had enough trouble opening the letter but if the results had been e-mailed, I would have been terrified of switching on the computer!!

Anyway, if it is the actual 11+ results/scores you expect by e-mail then you wont receive these till (usually the first Saturday after allocation day on March 1). If, on the other hand, it is the allocation you are expecting, then I don't know but you may find the education department (based at Chelmsford Council offices) very helpful.
essex mum

Post by essex mum »

Ziggy,

Can I ask, do you live in Essex or are you out of area? I don't remember having this option, I'm sure we have to present it in hard copy.
ziggy

Post by ziggy »

yes you are right, we live just across the border in Hertfordshire. I had a moment of confusion when making the last posting, we did in fact apply through the Herts LEA on their online application from, although two of the schools we applied for are Essex grammers. I've just checked the Herts LEA website which confirms that the school allocation on 1st March can be sent by email if you have ticked the appropriate box on the online application from, which we did. Soneone told us that the email is sent at just past midnight on the morning of the 1st March but I just wanted to check. It is a pity if Essex LEA don't provide the same service, especially as post can be very unreliable these days!
Essex Mum

Post by Essex Mum »

Too right Ziggy,

I had 2 friends last year who waited a week for their letter. Both livein Essex, it's just that some pieces of post seem to go missing for a few days, them eventually find their way to their destination.

Post by Guest »

ziggy wrote:yes you are right, we live just across the border in Hertfordshire. I had a moment of confusion when making the last posting, we did in fact apply through the Herts LEA on their online application from, although two of the schools we applied for are Essex grammers. I've just checked the Herts LEA website which confirms that the school allocation on 1st March can be sent by email if you have ticked the appropriate box on the online application from, which we did. Soneone told us that the email is sent at just past midnight on the morning of the 1st March but I just wanted to check. It is a pity if Essex LEA don't provide the same service, especially as post can be very unreliable these days!
They definitely don't provide the same as I asked the question. I think the e-mail is a very good idea - not having to rely on the postman must be a nice feeling! Don't think it is worth ringing the LEA on 2nd either as I suspect 20,000 other parents will be doing the same!
Essex Girl

Results by e-mail

Post by Essex Girl »

As I believe I or someone has said before in this forum, Essex made a right mess of it last year, when the new system came in. What really got my goat though was that although we had applied via our council, Essex, our first choice was in the Southend area and it would have been nice to have had a reply from Southend. even to say "no". In the event, we had to phone up both Essex and Southend education authorities to see where our child was on the waiting lists, etc. The whole thing was extremely stressful and I just hope that they don't make such a pigs ear of it this year. Those of you who are regular on this site will have seen postings of the situations that occurred in Essex. like children being offered two schools and one even having a grammar school place taken away the day after the offer was received in the post (yes, they are allowed to do it).

Whatever you do, check your allocations with the appropriate authority and if you don't get the school you want on the first day of allocations, then you just might get a letter the day after. If you are offered both a comp and a grammar and you wanted the grammar, then I advise you to accept the grammar and decline the comp, both in writing, at the same time and do not question your better allocation, as you may find that they take it away again because they've made a mistake. Personally, I believe they got themselves into such a mess last year that the mistakes they made were not fully rectified and, yes, this means that there may well be some pupils in grammars when they should have got comp places and vice versa. BE WARNED

Re: Results by e-mail

Post by Guest »

Essex Girl wrote:As I believe I or someone has said before in this forum, Essex made a right mess of it last year, when the new system came in. What really got my goat though was that although we had applied via our council, Essex, our first choice was in the Southend area and it would have been nice to have had a reply from Southend. even to say "no". In the event, we had to phone up both Essex and Southend education authorities to see where our child was on the waiting lists, etc. The whole thing was extremely stressful and I just hope that they don't make such a pigs ear of it this year. Those of you who are regular on this site will have seen postings of the situations that occurred in Essex. like children being offered two schools and one even having a grammar school place taken away the day after the offer was received in the post (yes, they are allowed to do it).

Whatever you do, check your allocations with the appropriate authority and if you don't get the school you want on the first day of allocations, then you just might get a letter the day after. If you are offered both a comp and a grammar and you wanted the grammar, then I advise you to accept the grammar and decline the comp, both in writing, at the same time and do not question your better allocation, as you may find that they take it away again because they've made a mistake. Personally, I believe they got themselves into such a mess last year that the mistakes they made were not fully rectified and, yes, this means that there may well be some pupils in grammars when they should have got comp places and vice versa. BE WARNED
I have read what a mess they made of it last year and I must admit I am a bit worried about what will happen this year and whether it will be my child that is affected!

Does anyone know if the letter is just one single piece of paper or is it a pack? If it is either, does that mean the single letter is a "no"? If anyone knows the answer I would love to know.
Essex girl

what will the letter look like

Post by Essex girl »

Your letter will arrive in an A4 envelope and will, if you applied through the Essex authority, have a Chelmsford County Hall post mark.
The letter does have other items with it, such as information regarding appeal proceedings. However, it is quite thin and I wouldn't describe it as a pack.

Good luck.

Re: what will the letter look like

Post by Guest »

Essex girl wrote:Your letter will arrive in an A4 envelope and will, if you applied through the Essex authority, have a Chelmsford County Hall post mark.
The letter does have other items with it, such as information regarding appeal proceedings. However, it is quite thin and I wouldn't describe it as a pack.

Good luck.
Thanks for that. You hear so many different things I was getting confused. I was told by one person that if it isn't a pack and just a letter it is a "no" so glad you have cleared that up.

Thanks.