2012 entry. Allocated places, scores and positions.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Amber

Re: 2012 entry. Allocated places, scores and positions.

Post by Amber »

angelstar wrote:Yay Tommies for us!!

Hope this doesn't sound like a silly question... is there anything we have to do to accept the place or is it just automatic?

Well done everyone :lol:
Didn't you get a letter too? There is a box to tick - nowhere even to sign. You need to return it to Shire Hall by 14 March.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

purr
Last edited by FluffyCat on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orson

Post by Orson »

Wow. Hope that's true. Historically, it hasn't gone past 230. Thanks for that. Fingers crossed. Where's that ****** postman? :o
Last edited by Orson on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Orson, can't you look on the council website? Even if you didn't opt for email you can see it on there if you have the password you chose at the time.
Orson

Post by Orson »

Of course, with nearly everyone ticking all the boxes on the form there will be a lot of girls with no intention of going to up to three of their 'choices'.
capers123

Post by capers123 »

FluffyCat wrote:DD's friend got in at the late 240's on the waiting list and two others got in who were significantly lower 'really,really low down' on the list - she thinks 280ish.
I can just hear DD2's comment to that in my head "It's not a waiting list - it's a ranking list. The waiting list doesn't start until after 1st March". And indeed, last year she did say that repeatedly to all her friends before 1st March. She's also a bit of a pedant.

To which I would add that you do need to ask to be on the waiting list - I think there's a tick box when you return the acceptance of place form. And also, MAKE SURE YOU DO ACCEPT A PLACE! Sorry to shout, but even if you intent launching an appeal, accept the place you've been offered - otherwise you could end up loosing the appeal and not having any school (or at least not a convenient one) come September!
Capers
Orson

Post by Orson »

Tried that, Amber. Nothing.
Shire Hall say there were problems with the email registration back pre-October and for some people it didn't work. Looks like we have to wait for a letter and the postie never comes a.m. D'oh.
sarajtb

Post by sarajtb »

FluffyCat wrote:
sarajtb wrote:
Orson wrote:Help. How low down the rankings are SHS going with offers? I know of 227. Any progress on that?
Thx
I'm desperate to know that too :?:
DD's friend got in at the late 240's on the waiting list and two others got in who were significantly lower 'really,really low down' on the list - she thinks 280ish.
Ooh are you able to confirm that 280? - I'm desperate to find out. I'm appealing and really need to know whats going on with places etc. I can't understand how that works though - If there are 120 places then how can the offers be up to 280 or even over 240? Surely even if all 120 didn't choose to go to SHS they would only be able to offer a further 120 taking it up to 240? :? Can anyone explain?
Amber

Post by Amber »

Orson wrote:Tried that, Amber. Nothing.
Shire Hall say there were problems with the email registration back pre-October and for some people it didn't work. Looks like we have to wait for a letter and the postie never comes a.m. D'oh.
How frustrating for you. If it was me and they had mucked up like that I would be on the 'phone.
It sounds as if you will be OK though...fingers crossed.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

Ooh are you able to confirm that 280? - I'm desperate to find out. I'm appealing and really need to know whats going on with places etc. I can't understand how that works though - If there are 120 places then how can the offers be up to 280 or even over 240? Surely even if all 120 didn't choose to go to SHS they would only be able to offer a further 120 taking it up to 240? :? Can anyone explain?

Sarah it's because not all of the second 120 would need a place, a good number of those would also want another school
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now