Re online application and outcome

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hasmum

Re online application and outcome

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
I applied online and we have been offered a local school (one I def. would not send ds, not on CAF) DS passed Bucks and slough so very upset.

Underneath the offer it says "Unfortunately the online admissions system has not received details of the outcome of your online application from the LA you applied to"

What does this mean, can ANYONE shed some light, I'm very distressed.
TraffordMum

Re: Re online application and outcome

Post by TraffordMum »

Hi, hasmum. That sounds very distressing. Which LEA did you apply to and do you have email confirmation of the CAF you submitted?
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

How awful - have you called the admissions team at Bucks? Surely they would be able to give you some information?
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

hasmum, I have sent you a PM to ask for more details, but have you seen this thread in Bucks?

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 12&t=24610" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are in RBWM, you have company, I am afraid.
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Oh Hasmum, I am so sorry to hear this. Do you think it could be an error?

Which consortium schools did you put? Its early days but hopefully more infor re cut off points will emerge which will allow you to judge.

For the Bucks schools, Chesham was all allocated, if you put this that would indicate a defninte error as it was all allocated, the distances for the others are on the Bucks thread

Sending you lots of moral support....

J
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

I knew with the Bucks schools there was little chance so was hoping for either Burnham( which is closer) or Herschel or Slough GS in Slough. Ds got 124 for slough which I thought was fairly good, or stood a chance of getting into one of the consortium schools.
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Gosh, yes I would also have thought that would have done it for you, thats a great score...bright boy. I don't know what difference the catchment element has made to the score required for the consortium schools you put but if 124 is not enough are they are now more competitive than Langley?

In the past Burnham has moved and gone all allocated in later rounds, I will cross everything for you that this happens this year for you and your DS.
Even more moral support coming your way...

J
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Thanks for the moral support everyone, I can see myself up all night waiting to call my LA tommorrow. All that hard work we put in hope it doesn't go to waste, just didn't want to prolong the waiting, just our luck :(

Hope the letter brings different news :roll:
kusanagi

Post by kusanagi »

hasmum wrote:Thanks for the moral support everyone, I can see myself up all night waiting to call my LA tommorrow. All that hard work we put in hope it doesn't go to waste, just didn't want to prolong the waiting, just our luck :(

Hope the letter brings different news :roll:
Hope your letter had the news you were waiting for. Ours did. RBWM really screwed up with us and left us feeling very stressed over the whole thing.
Good luck
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now