Wirral 11+ Appeal Advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
lightyear

Wirral 11+ Appeal Advice

Post by lightyear »

Hi all has anyone gone through the appeal process in Wirral.
Is it a formal or informal hearing that you attend ?
My son failed by 1 mark, 235 out of the 236 needed. :(

Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated.
hermanmunster

Re: Wirral 11+ Appeal Advice

Post by hermanmunster »

Had a hunt through past years and can't see much on appeals in Wirral. However appeal panels are much the same wherever as they are defined by legal act .. Have a look on the website

https://www.wirral.gov.uk/my-services/c ... sions/appe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Download the forms and have a read - one of sections explains the structure..
The School Appeals Panel is set up under the School Standards & Framework Act, 1998 as amended and the Education (Admissions Appeals Arrangements) (England) Regulations 2007. It is an independent Panel and is not a Panel of Wirral Council. There are three members of each Panel; a Chair who has no connection with the Council; a lay member nominated by the Council who has no connections with the Council (or the School) which would undermine his or her impartiality and a Panel member with experience in education who also has no connection with the Council or the school(s) involved.
PabloBrown

Post by PabloBrown »

lightyear

I hope your appeal is successful, we always said if my daughter failed,then we'd rather she missed the mark by a mile, than being so close like your son. :(
dewalt

Post by dewalt »

In the Same Posistion, Son scored 235 missed by 1 point, feel the best thing to do is Appeal but dont really know of what chance he will have even with an Appeal.

lightyear wrote:Hi all has anyone gone through the appeal process in Wirral.
Is it a formal or informal hearing that you attend ?
My son failed by 1 mark, 235 out of the 236 needed. :(

Anyone with any information would be greatly appreciated.
jellycat

Post by jellycat »

IMO you should def appeal as you'd always think 'what if' if you don't appeal. Afraid I have no knowledge of the process though but I wish you the very best of luck.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

You will pick up some previous threads from the appeals forum if you try this link:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/search ... al+appeals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now