How are you celebrating?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

UmSusu

How are you celebrating?

Post by UmSusu »

Being the nosey person that I am, I just wondered how everyone is marking the end of this long process. Restaurant? Quiet family meal? Presents?

I did the presents after he sat the exams, so not sure. We found a place where you can buy a whole lamb and they BBQ it for you and put it on a large bed of Arabic style rice with all the Arab mezzo type dishes. They deliver it to the house all ready - perfect! I can host a family dinner without any work for a change :D
UmSusu
FluffyD

Re: How are you celebrating?

Post by FluffyD »

Sounds great! Do they deliver to Yorkshire??
Vic x
um

Post by um »

We went to Mughal e Azam, and despite the plush venue, it was a really, really awful meal out :(

Never mind, worse things happen at sea!

Would not recommend at all, under any circumstances and will be very, very surprised if it is still open next year. Ds2 and Ds1 have planned to hone their writing skills by reviewing it online :lol: using this as inspiration:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/trave ... etter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That sounds a brilliant idea for a big iftar (post fasting meal in Ramadhan), UmSusu!
Please, please forward me the details!
poppit

Post by poppit »

Um that link was BRILLIANT, I have been crying with laughter whilst reading it out loud to my DH.
Stevehopkins

Post by Stevehopkins »

Just got back from la favorita just off lady pool road. The oldish bloke with glasses is nearing a nervous breakdown, service is very very slow.

Orders forgotten, lack of tables and the rudest customer service throughout.

Food is ok, lesson learnt, don't go on a weekend
busybees

Post by busybees »

Hi Um

Agree with you on the Mughal E Azam, i didnt like the food either. After someone mentioning the La Favorita we went there and we quite liked it. We had very good service and the manager was very friendly and today we went to place called Dera with friends on coventry road, its a small restaurant but i love the sheesh kebab there. So try that when you get chance.

Part from that bought some jalebis on the first day and bought box of sweet for friends today from Mushtaqs. (sorry may be lot of spelling mistakes).

Have nice weekend all :)
um

Post by um »

That's a long way from Henley Upon Thames...
Stevehopkins

Post by Stevehopkins »

I thought it would be well worth it, stick to curry houses in maidenhead now;
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

Will ask DH about the name of the lamb place. Off Ladypool Road. I have to say it was delicious - melted away after being slowly cooked overnight. DS couldn't believe that the whole lamb was on the table - he was only disappointed that the head was not still attached. I was rather relieved that it wsn't. I thought we would be eating it for a week but we managed it all in one sitting :shock: .

Steve, aren't you tired from all that moving around? :D
UmSusu
um

Post by um »

Thank you for the recommendations, Busybees!

I'm not a restaurant person (no time) but will keep it in mind for my birthday...I will be a palindrome in a few weeks so that must be another excuse to celebrate :D

No sweets yet...I am recovering from a mouth ulcer the size of a cherry after this week's admissions email fiasco :roll: