Nervous mum, awaiting test results in Mrach 2012.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
olu

Nervous mum, awaiting test results in Mrach 2012.

Post by olu »

I am so looking forward to the Essex exams results in March. I have not stopped looking at this site for reassurance, being a first timer( my DD is the first child)to go through this. I dont know what to expect, am just hoping she gets into one of the grammar school. We like in a deprived area of London where Secondary is not so good statistically.

I need to stop worrying about the results but cant....................Just want to know if any parent feels the same way. :?
laretta

Re: Nervous mum, awaiting test results in Mrach 2012.

Post by laretta »

Don't worry olu, you are not alone. Many of the parents on here feel the same- me included! Good luck on March 1st.
Which schools are you hoping for?
olu

Post by olu »

Thanks larette,

Counting down everyday, wonder if i would be able to sleep on the night of feb 29th. Might need a sleeping pill.
1st choice is Chelmsford girls, 2nd Southend girls and 3rd Westcliff . Fingers crossed.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Hi Olu -hang on tight, I am just going to move this post from the Indie section to Essex - you might find even more people chewing there fingernails prior to March 1st.. :wink:
sahara

Post by sahara »

Hi Olu, I have started the addicted until March thread, you will find nervous, mad, worried and every other emotion associated with waiting for 1st March, in this thread.
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 5&start=90" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Olu - this is the link to sahara's thread ... very good place to visit!
Fran17

Post by Fran17 »

Good luck to your DD Olu. I hope your DD gets what she wants. Not too long to wait for the results now! I remember the thoughts and feelings I was having around this time, only too well. :D
olu

Post by olu »

Thanks all.
Appreciate your kind words of encouragement. Feel a bit relaxed knowing am not in it alone.Goodluck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :wink:
olu

Post by olu »

Hi everyone,

here is one estastic mum, My DD got into SGHS. Its being a long long wait. Am so glad she got in considering the number of applicants which has trebled this year. So many kids did well but narrowly missed out on the few GS available.

I empathise with those parents and kids and wish you all the best for the future.

PS: The kids would reach their full potential wherever they end up, we just need to keep encouraging them. Good luck for the future.
aang

Post by aang »

Congratulations to your DD.

Looking at the scores, the number of applicants to SHSG increased from 666 in 2011 to 834 this year.