appeal soon help!

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
bounty1995

appeal soon help!

Post by bounty1995 »

Hi, Just found this site its great. I have an appeal next week for my daughter, I would love to know what the panel are likely to ask me so i can be prepared, if anyone can help please.

The appeal is for a general comp/college and not a grammer if that helps.

Thank you in advance
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Hi there - welcome,

Read the Q & As first - is it over subscription? Which county?
bounty1995

appeal help

Post by bounty1995 »

Thanks will read them, it is kent and oversubscribed.
Northkentmum

Post by Northkentmum »

HI bounty1995

I know your appeal is next weeek and you have only just found this site but it has proved an immense help to others during their appeals and there are some fantastic people here who have a wealth of knowledge and experience and will help you immensley so keep posting (trouble is once hooked there is no escape, see those on Rehab!)

Seriously though, whilst i have no practical help there are others who will be able to help and guide you through this difficult process, their advice is second to none. Good luck with your appeal :D
NKM
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

You need to show that your child needs THAT school more than the 'damage' to the school of having to cope with another pupil.

Look at the curriculum and school aims and show that they match your child's aptitude.

If they are over subscribed look at pupil numbers in different year groups especially the Sixth Form. Have they 'grown' the sixth form' - if so this is their choice and shows that capacity can't be a real issue.