kendrick girls school -travel

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
123abc

kendrick girls school -travel

Post by 123abc »

I am NEW to this forum , just to ask anyone out there travelling to kendrick girls grammar from harrow . my dd just got in there , eagerly looking for suggestions -travel ????
ks

Re: kendrick girls school -travel

Post by ks »

Very well done to your DD.

That is some commute from Harrow. :shock:

Your best bet is probably to get the train from Southall or one of the nearby stations on First Great Western line as lots of girls come by train from Twyford, Maidenhead and Slough. Very few from further out but there are the odd girls who come from London( although this year will be the last one where they are likely to get in because of new catchment rules).
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

Congratulations to DD for getting in but I can't help feeling you are an awful long way away
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Thats going to be one **** of a journey. I hope you don't mind me saying but I wouldn't even consider doing that distance myself for work let alone have my daughter do it.

I also noticed from one of your other posts that you don't know very much about Kendrick.
smitha

Post by smitha »

Congratulations to your DD ,HAPPY TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE FROM HARROW TOO ,MY DD HAS ALSO GOT INTO kENDRICK ,WILL BE MOVING TO READING BEFORE SEPTEMBER .i AM SENDING YOU A PM WITH MY DETAILS KINDLY GET IN TOUCH.
darell

Post by darell »

Congratulations to your DD.

ks outlines the only way I can think of to do this. Depending on where you live, your DD will be facing well over an hour's journey assuming no glitches (getting to station, waiting for train, 35-40 minutes train journey, 10-15 minute walk from platform to school). And home again. In all weathers, and in the dark in winter.

So Harrow (even South Harrow) to Kendrick is a horrendous daily journey for an adult let alone a child, as Tinker points out. If you are serious about her taking the place, please move closer for your DD's sake. As I notice from another thread that your first choice is HBS, fingers crossed that you get that instead.

I am very sympathetic to the situation that has you considering this, but am left wondering why you wouldn't have checked all this out before sitting the entrance test?
Reading Mum

Post by Reading Mum »

I couldn't have put it better. I hope you either get either a closer choice or move closer to Reading. Having commuted from Reading to London for some time it's not a journey I would wish on anyone
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now