Waiting lists...

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
danikas

Waiting lists...

Post by danikas »

From what I understood all grammars rank all applicants, that scored below the cut off mark, on the waiting lists and may offer places in this order. How can I gauge from this whether my son might get in at a later date? I know it varies, but on average how many people in the waiting list normally get in? If my DS is in position 35 does he get a chance? If he is only one number below the cut off mark will he have a chance? If I accept a offer to a school can I accept another offer to another at a later date? Until when can my DS stay in the waiting list? My DS is in the waiting list of 3 grammars... :?
geling

Re: Waiting lists...

Post by geling »

Hi, Danikas: here is my answers to your questions and please forgive me if I say something wrong.

1: You asked " On average how many people in WL normally get in?" You can simply ring the school to find the answer. Although nobody can tell you what will happen this year, the school office can always tell you how many people got in last year from WL. In this forum, there are also a lot of threads in the past years discussing the WL , please find them and you will find them very helpful.

2: You asked" If he is only one number below the cut mark, will he have a chance?" In this case, I would say the chance is very "high", however, it still depends how many people are just one mark below.

3: Oh, yes, you can always accept an offer and turn it down at a later date if your favourite school gives you the offer.

4: By the end of summer term, I would say the WL is almost stopped moving; but, sometimes early in September the WL can move a bit miraculously.

Good luck!

geling
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now