Nonsuch waiting list 2012

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
adriana_313

Nonsuch waiting list 2012

Post by adriana_313 »

Hello
My DD is on the waiting list OC with the score 344, does anyone know how many other girls are on with the same score or higher, should we have any hope for place????
Wandsworth Daddy

Re: Nonsuch waiting list 2012

Post by Wandsworth Daddy »

I would have thought that was enough but await other seasoned watchers for their views.
computergeek

Post by computergeek »

i dnt expect a lot of people will be near ur DD's score. I'm sure she is at the top of the list
Wandsworth Daddy

I know it's not an exact science but from previous years, what sort of movement can we expect from in and out of catchment? Any views out there?
Jaybee 2

Post by Jaybee 2 »

I have posted a similar query! Any feedback on out of catchment waiting lists would be greatly appreciated! I'm trying to work out the possible reasons why people would give up an out of catchment place?
Wandsworth Daddy

Jaybee, some people move away, go abroad or go private. Not all offers are taken up and there will be movement.The question is, going by previous years, how many marks will it drop!
Uberyummymummy

Post by Uberyummymummy »

Hi All - It's a long time since I've been on here - nearly a year. Just wanted to say it's all over for me, but I feel for you all as I was in your position last year. It was different then because it was a different test and, so, different scores, but my DD was offered a place off the waiting list in catchment.

Last year was atypical, I think, because there was hardly any movement on the waiting lists for Nonsuch, Wallington and Tiffin, and very few offers were made after 1st March, but I don't think the scores went down at all, because there were lots of DDs sitting on the same score.

Having said that I just want to re-iterate that last year was very unusual indeed; in past years there was always lots of movement after March 1st - right up until September and beyond and, also, scores dropped by 2 or 3 points.

Good Luck everyone.
medsol

Post by medsol »

Hi Adriana_313, my friend's DD got offered a place at Nonsuch with a score of 344, but lives in the Sutton borough. Best of luck to your DD!
Jaybee 2

Post by Jaybee 2 »

Medsol, was that offer made on March 1st? and she was in catchment area?
I think that Out of Catchment is going to be a very long wait!! I think possibly after March 23rd once all the acceptances and declines have been processed is when the offers (if any) will be made...
medsol

Post by medsol »

Jaybee, yes, the offer was made on 1st March, and she is in catchment.