Too many 420's Raw Scores instead?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
trixiebell

Too many 420's Raw Scores instead?

Post by trixiebell »

If so many children are achieving 420 does anyone think it would be appropriate for schools to look at raw scores. Distance seems unkind if it is a super selective school. :idea:
twellsmum

Re: Too many 420's Raw Scores instead?

Post by twellsmum »

I would be very interested in seeing the how the raw scores equate to the marks given, like the 2010 required raw scores which is a sticky. Does anyone know how we can get this information?
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

If I recall, individual people contacted KCC to obtain their raw scores and then posted them.
pheasantchick

Post by pheasantchick »

If I recall, individual people contacted KCC to obtain their raw scores and then posted them.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

Yes but the few who did post did not give an accurate picture. The "2010 required scores" information said that, eg, September born child needed to gain X% to score 120 and Y% to score 140. I would be interested to see the 2011 scores to see if there was much fluctuation from the 2010 scores. Does anyone know how we can obtain this information?
starmum2000

Post by starmum2000 »

Raw scores are never going to be deemed 'fair' because of the age difference of the pupils - there can be virtually a year between the oldest and youngest takers.
twellsmum

Post by twellsmum »

I never said that raw scores were fair (the whole system is not particularly fair IMHO) but I would be interested to know as I know of three children who have all got 117/118 on their maths which in the last three years would have been a pass (VR and NVR were all very high 138-140) and yet they have been given a "fail". So I was just trying to find out if eg, 55% for a March child equates to 117 last year but 119 this year. How did the OP for the 2010 required raw scores get the information, does anyone know please?
tigger2

Post by tigger2 »

You have to call or email Kcc's admissions dept...They have an 11plus admin section and the staff there are lovely :D I wanted to find out what the required scores for my dd's birth month and compare them to Sept and August born children..basically I just wanted to see if the rumours were right at school-that there was only a tiny difference this year on adjustment for the youngest in the year. Anyway they were very helpful and very patient !!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now