Preference change[go on waiting list]

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Lmd68

Preference change[go on waiting list]

Post by Lmd68 »

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me how the second lot of allocations works if you accept the place offered but go on the waiting list for another school which was on your CAF form.

Do you keep the accepted place and get offered the new school if a place comes up then tell county which school you are taking or do they re allocate the place you accepted and give you a new place at the school you were on the waiting list for.

I would also be interested in parents views of WHS and SWB. Thank you.
svg123

Re: Preference change[go on waiting list]

Post by svg123 »

My understanding of the system is that you will automatically lose the allocated seat as soon as you get an offer from the waiting list.
However, someone with knowledge of the system can confirm this.
Have you tried ringing the education authority?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

From memory this is what is says in the allocation letter. You can't have 2 school places, so you automatically lose the first one if the second one is allocated. Someone like Sally-Anne will confirm.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - you lose the first offer and it is reallocated.
Lmd68

Post by Lmd68 »

Thank you
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Sorry just to clarify the above, we were given our 3rd choice which we have accepted but I have put ds on waiting list for 1st and 2nd choice as still undecided where we wish to relocate.

So if we get offered say for eg. 1st or 2nd choice, will we lose our accepted place, even if it is an offer that is made, or are you actually allocated a place.

Basically don't we have to accept it first, before you lose the 1st accepted offer?
Hope this makes sense.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

"It is really important to remember that if we can offer your child a place from a waiting list in later allocation round, we will automatically take away any place we have already offered as it will be for a school lower on your preference list. We will not contact you first and we can only offer your child one place at any time."

This is from:
http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/assets/conten ... ctions.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

I think that hasmum has a mix of Slough and Bucks schools on her CAF - so how woud that work?
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Yes I have 2 Bucks schools as 1st and 2nd then had the 2 Slough G schools and I have been given Herschel GS which we are happy with at present, but just wondering as i have gone on the waiting list for 3 Bucks schools will we be offered or just allocated. We come under Ealing LA. I assumed BCC will tell Ealing of the offer and we accept or decline, and if we accept then we lose our 1st allocated school.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Check the Ealing book - or call them.

In Bucks it's automatic to speed it up for everyone.