News about 2012 entry papers.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
ahap

News about 2012 entry papers.

Post by ahap »

Cannot find the other sections about new admissions policy and facts and figures on their website.

By the way, Chelmsford is now a city. Its quite quiet for a city, need more population & jobs I think, well the 2 Grammars have done their part haven't they? :lol:

I edited to remove the article because, didn't realise it had their name on it, and I don't want to advertise it.

Ahap
Last edited by ahap on Sat Mar 30, 2013 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
mclm

Re: News about 2013 entry papers.

Post by mclm »

Thanks for posting this ahap.

Going to have a little rant now.... :evil:

This article has slightly annoyed me. To say "there is no way a child would get in if they were not tutored", then to quote from a named tutor service comparing the papers to GCSE and A level papers is irresponsible and adds to the hysteria around the whole exam. Nothing aimed there at the parents - absolutely entitled to and respect their opinions re tutoring, I just find this a bit of media hysteria that riles me and ends up with the poor parents going into a panic & kids being over tutored, with those who cannot afford tutoring feeling that they should not even attempt.

Please, future applicants, read the myths and legends topic and others re tutoring - your child does not necessarily need to be tutored (taught how to answer an exam, yes. Practise, yes. Hours of endless tutoring and homework, no.) Do not let the "tutoring or bust" nature implied in this article put you off.

Rant over :lol:
Chai

Post by Chai »

I agree with mclm. I tutored my own DD. A tutor is only there for that snapshot of maybe an hour on average, sometimes two if that's how the tutor does it.

You live with your child 24/7. Tutors do have their place in the system, but parental supervision and support is crucial, particularly if your child is not the type to get on with things himself and do the homework.

You can DIY and this site is very good with all the info it provides.
toolate

Post by toolate »

Hi Ahap,
I only caught this thread once edited - what was the actual news about 2013 entry? Has the format changed in any way?
Thanks Toolate
ahap

Re: News about 2012 entry papers.

Post by ahap »

Sorry, its 2012. It was an article about how difficult the papers were than previous years and there was a parent and a tutor telling her opinion about the papers and tutoring. It also states that it is the highest number of students since the test run by the CSSE and the vast number of DCs from far away and so on .
'What we have learned is like a handful of earth; What we have yet to learn is like the whole world.' Auvaiyaar.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now