When do we hear anything?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

wodev

When do we hear anything?

Post by wodev »

Hi,

My DC has been allocated a place at SWB, and I accepted the place (via RBWM) both by email and by paper slip. I also sent an email to BCC.

However, since then, we have heard nothing. Anecdotally we have heard that in previous years parents have received parent welcome packs, uniform lists, details of joining dates and other functions within a couple of days of accepting.

Starting to worry! I know it's only March 19th, but when typically should I hear something - anything!
Sally-Anne

Re: When do we hear anything?

Post by Sally-Anne »

wodev wrote:My DC has been allocated a place at SWB, and I accepted the place (via RBWM) both by email and by paper slip. I also sent an email to BCC.
Normally I would just say "sit tight", but as your LA is RBWM and there were some difficulties there with allocations, I would call the school and ask them to confirm that your DC's name is on their list.
wodev

Post by wodev »

Hi,
I called up this morning, DC is on the list, and they are sending out their parent packs next week.

Thanks for the pointer - always a bit reluctant to call schools, they have enough to worry about!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

wodev wrote:always a bit reluctant to call schools, they have enough to worry about!
Yes, I don't like to recommend bothering them either, but the problem with RBWM was exceptional.

Glad you got it sorted out.