Current deputy at Pates appointed as new head teacher

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Bemily

Current deputy at Pates appointed as new head teacher

Post by Bemily »

Just saw this on the school website. Can any current parents of the school give some insights?
Sackboy

Re: Current deputy at Pates appointed as new head teacher

Post by Sackboy »

Russel Ellicott is great and I think the response to his new post will be overwhelmingly positive. He is well liked and respected by the parents and most importantly the students and I think this will be a very exciting time for Pate's. As a current parent I couldn't be more pleased.
tigger

Post by tigger »

We totally agree with Sackboy's comments. A fantastic appointment.
last year mum

Post by last year mum »

Absolutely.He's very well liked.Apparently there was prolonged applause and cheering by the pupils when it was announced in assembly this morning. An excellent choice.
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

Ooooo I hadn't heard but ds1 will be :D ...Mr.E was the one that visited him at school before he started-he really appears to be wonderful!Good.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I know nothing of the school or the man but in my experience, appointing a HT from within is not usually successful.
turtleglos

Post by turtleglos »

I just read the heads update and immediately told Ds1 that Russel Elicott was to be the new head. said that there had been a lot of cheering when the dc's were told.I googled him and was pleased to find he was a deputy head at the school:) :roll: (bit slow there) and called to ds1 to tell him. He replied that he knew, Mr Enticott was the teacher that visited him at primary as well! :lol: The news has been very well received in our house. I would speculate that they now need another deputy head. :D
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
Even sell up

Post by Even sell up »

Guest55 wrote:I know nothing of the school or the man but in my experience, appointing a HT from within is not usually successful.
Isn't that a rather inflammatory post? My kids are at Pate's and there was almost a standing ovation for Russel Ellicot in the whole school assembly this morning!

Are you not very busy?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It is just a statement of my very long experience in teaching. I thought everyone was free to post opinions but clearly not in Gloucestershire. :roll:
Even sell up

Post by Even sell up »

It sounds to me like you have some axe to grind in regard to the success of others!