Pates Uniform (Blazers in particular...)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
FluffyCat

Pates Uniform (Blazers in particular...)

Post by FluffyCat »

I have just noticed that M&S have black blazers reduced to £9 in the sale online. Is it really essential to have the one from The Famous? Will my DC be laughed at if wearing an M&S one with the Pates badge sewn on?! :?
turtleglos

Re: Pates Uniform (Blazers in particular...)

Post by turtleglos »

I went to famous determind to buy a "proper" blazer with the badge for ds1 last year. It turned out that he was to small and we had to buy a plain black blazer and badge. I don't think that anyone has noticed although I was obsessed with getting the badge perfectly straight! :oops: They have had M&S blazers in the sale rack at school so I don't think they mind to much as long as its black and for the correct gender. I believe that the school would prefer the uniform to be bought at Famous though.
Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will think it is stupid.
rollercoaster

Post by rollercoaster »

If it's the right colour, it fits and it has the badge on, then it is perfect! :)
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aargh

Post by aargh »

Yup, we cannot afford the Famous.
Anyway DD is about a foot shorter than anyone else in her class. So if, as turtleglos says, they don't do small sizes we would not manage there anyway.

With regards to Kukri, I find it objectionable to be told an item is COMPULSORY in capital letters and then be told it can only be bought from a specific company which provides such a limited buying window.

It also seems odd to me that so many school desire children to have dark or black coats for winter. Roll on the day when schools initiate a regime of fluorescent and reflective coats as a COMPULSORY in capital letters item.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Secondary school children never wear coats as a point of honour, COMPULSORY or otherwise, so I should save your money on that one.

If we didn't persist with the ridiculous policy of putting the clocks back every October, they wouldn't need anything fluorescent anyway. (Any excuse to mount personal soapbox, sorry :D ) And unless Jack Wills start a new line in fluorescence, most teens would not be seen dead in it anyway.
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FluffyCat

Post by FluffyCat »

Have ordered M&S £9 blazer in several sizes into store to try! DC will wear existing coat if needed, but suspect will just carry (brightly coloured) packable waterproof in case of extremes!
Pushkin

Post by Pushkin »

Can anyone with a dd already at Pate's advise about the optional tracksuit bottoms? Do the girls wear them much? Weren't they compulsory in previous years? Just wondering if they have been made optional because they aren't worn that often?
Pushkin
Glparent

Post by Glparent »

Pushkin - Kukri tracksuit bottoms - my advice would be don't bother if they are not compulsory!

DD is now in yr8, and was very slight yr6/7 so buying the then compulsory bottoms online with no size guide was a nightmare! And no, not worn much is an under-statement - she reassuringly told me in all of those horrifically cold days last year it was never deemed 'cold enough' for the teachers to allow the girls to wear their trousers :shock: She has worn them twice in yr8, whilst as sub on the hockey team, although of course she has now had a growing spurt & they're a little half-mast!

A more useful item seems to be a 'skin' to wear under the white PE top, as they don't seem keen on wearing the red sweatshirt either :roll:
Hope that helps.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now