The Greenwich Free School: A real alternative

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Headteacher_GFS

The Greenwich Free School: A real alternative

Post by Headteacher_GFS »

To any parents thinking about their 2012 secondary school options:

At this anxious time of appeals, waiting lists and the like, a number of parents will potentially be feeling concerned about what's being offered for their child.

I just wanted to invite any parents who haven't been introduced to the Greenwich Free School, to have a look at us, as a potential option for your child, if you're unhappy with the school you've been offered. See http://www.greenwichfreeschool.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for more information. You can always contact me, Mr Faith, the Headteacher of the Greenwich Free School, either by email (lfaith@greenwichfreeschool.co.uk) or call 07926 637903.

We are a comprehensive, non-selective school, but our ethos and values are often described as traditional and this, I believe, may well provide parents with not just an alternative to the school they had originally applied for, but an 'even better than' option. Having run our own admissions for this year only (we will be part of Greenwich’s coordinated admissions framework [CAF] next year), we are in a position, to still be able to offer a handful of places, as our admissions timelines have needed to be more flexible by not being part of the CAF.
SqMandes

Re: The Greenwich Free School: A real alternative

Post by SqMandes »

Where is the school site? I can't see a map on your website.
Nanny Ogg

Post by Nanny Ogg »

On the website click on the tab named Site, shows you a pic and gives the address. Took me a while to see it, I expected to find it in the Contact Us section! I had aloof earlier...it on Shooters Hill I think.
Headteacher_GFS

Post by Headteacher_GFS »

Many thanks for the last two replies to the post:

Here is the link to the 'Site' part of our website:

http://www.greenwichfreeschool.co.uk/location.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zoelady

Post by Zoelady »

I just wanted to add, as a parent who has made the choice for her daughter to attend GFS, if you are truly not happy with where your child is going, consider GFS as a suitable alternative.

My daughter missed the 11+ by a few marks, passed all the independent school exams that she sat but we did not qualify for scholarship, and she was given crown woods, which, based on my research I heard is a good school.

I attended the open day and I know that this school has the potential to give all the grammar and independent schools a run for their money. However, it is going to take everyone working together to achieve this (Headteacher, steeering group, Deputy head, teachers, parents and students). It is an opportunity for a new start and there will only be 25 children in each class, this is something they have promised to retain throughout. The Headteacher has a clear vision and is working with a great Deputy Head whose family comes from a long line of teachers who have all taught in the Greenwich Borough. So if this appeals to you, visit the website and email the teachers if you have any further queries.

Agape Zoelady.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now