KS2 SATS level 5 & 6

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tiffinboys

Re: KS2 SATS level 5 & 6

Post by tiffinboys »

Guest55, may be you could help. In our local primary school, tests are taken without any announcement.

Does year 5 SATs has timetable similar to year 6 (May 14 onwards)?
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

The tests taken in Yrs 3,4,5 re optional tests (that is, optional for the school!), they are not externally marked and
there is no set time to take them .Some schools do them at the same time as sats, others before or after.
thisandthat3

Post by thisandthat3 »

I am not familiar with optional SATS. If your school does them and a child is expected to achieve a high mark say, just for an example 4A in Year 4, would the teachers be likely to provide a further paper to determine if the child is actually higher still?
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

They must do something - my son was assessed at 5c at the end of yr 4 for maths.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

DC17C wrote:They must do something - my son was assessed at 5c at the end of yr 4 for maths.
That's awesome. Keep it up.

yoyo123 wrote:The tests taken in Yrs 3,4,5 re optional tests (that is, optional for the school!), they are not externally marked and there is no set time to take them .Some schools do them at the same time as sats, others before or after.
Thanks yoyo123. At our school, these optional SATs are at any time between Easter break and a week before half-term break. Teachers don't tell children in advance and we come to know only if children care to tell about these after tests :roll: or when annual reports are given.
Please support Tiffin School’s Gym Appeal. Visit school’s website to donate.
thisandthat3

Post by thisandthat3 »

Yes. That really is great. Thanks for the info.
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

On thing I don't understand is why not all schools are doing science this year? Can anyone shed any light?
Amber

Post by Amber »

The only compulsory KS2 tests are now in Maths and English; but some schools are sampled in Science at random. It will be interesting if this happens at my son's school (it did 2 years ago) as I don't think they have done any Science since all the relentless Maths and English daily practice testing started at Christmas. :(
stroudydad

Post by stroudydad »

You're not the only one Amber. Our ds has been hard at it since then too.( but I don't think EVERY day)
muminTewkes

Post by muminTewkes »

DS1's school was a NIGHTMARE for SATs,they were banged on about from yr 3.. :shock: and the last year(for the yr 6 SATs) ALL they did was maths and english with extra *clubs* of maths and english.....sooooooooo wrong....sooooooo boring and so unnecessary.
I have no issue with "measuring" a child or indeed a school/teachers,its part of life sadly..but there are ways and means and this certainly IMO wasn't the best way!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now