My last new topic

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
faitaccompli

My last new topic

Post by faitaccompli »

Actually, that is probably a lie, but hopefully any new ones will have lost the sense of hysteria that my other threads have contained!

We got a letter this morning from Bucks CC offering us a place at Sir William Borlase's. There is no WAY we would have got this far without the help and support from thiswebsite (particularly Sally Anne) - who steered us from a very wobbly start in December through to the 11+ two months later. Everyone on here has been superb in offering advice and help and I am immensely grateful to you all. It is amazing to think that so many people I am unlikely to ever meet have made such a profound difference to my son's life. I will always be eternally grateful to you all.

Fingers crossed to everyone else who is still waiting for their offers and good luck to those taking 11+ this year.
Last edited by faitaccompli on Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sally-Anne

Re: My last new topic

Post by Sally-Anne »

Fantastic news, faitaccompli! :P

I am glad that I was able to be of help.

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Huge congratulations to you and your son, faitaccompli - and to Sally-Anne who offers such wonderful support! :D
Etienne
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Great news - now just the house sale to fret about :lol:
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Great news, but don't leave us. I have no reason to be here really, but I'm still hooked :). There always the "Beyond 11 plus" section. Enjoy your celebrations and I hope the house move happens soon.
scary mum
heartmum

Post by heartmum »

Well done 'faitaccompli' I've been following your thread and it wonderful to read good news :D

Enjoy the celebrating :D :wink:
Heartmum x x x
ourmaminhavana

Post by ourmaminhavana »

That's fantastic, Faitaccompli!!
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

Your posting on the offer this morning brought a smile to my face, goodness knows what it's done for you!

Great excitement all round in your house, enjoy it and the coming first day at grammar etc etc etc.

I have to thank you, faitaccompli, for this thread - particularly the line "It is amazing to think that so many people I am unlikely to ever meet have made such a profound difference to my son's life". It's something which I think the majority of us here have experienced and yet something which, until you said it, I hadn't realised before. So thank you faitaccompli, and thank you everyone else too :D
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

I just wanted to add my tuppence worth and say the same. The amount of help and support from people that don't even know me or my son, is astonishing!

*big group hug*
:)
Jeepers

Post by Jeepers »

Hi faitaccompli, I just "popped in" to have a quick look at the Bucks second round distances and was delighted to see your news. :D

Very many congratulations....I am so pleased it all worked out for you and your DS.

J
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now