Schools

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

KENDRIK

Schools

Post by KENDRIK »

Hello,
I got into Kendrick and Herschel Grammar. I want to go Kendrick but all my friends say I should go Herschel they say girls schools ae bad. What shall I do ? I can't get what they said and it bothers me ?
Anne
Appeal Mum

Post by Appeal Mum »

KENDRIK,

You have to do what you believe is right for you.

When you start high school you believe that you and your friends from primary school will be together forever. The truth is you will meet lots of new friends who will mean equally as much to you and who you might find you have more in common with.

Wherever you choose it won't mark the end of friendships but the start of a wider circle of friends.
I have had the same discussion with my own daughter.

As for the Girls school comment, maybe it's just jealousy because you have the choice and they don't..

Follow your heart and you won't go far wrong. :wink:

Let us know what you decide..

AM
Warks mum

Post by Warks mum »

Kendrick

I would definitely go with the school you felt happiest with when you visited (assuming you did!). I went to an all girls' grammar and had a great time. There was plenty of opportunity to meet and mix with boys (after school clubs, theatre performances, etc) but there was no pressure in school. Not that they didn't take up pretty much all of some girls' conversation!

I wonder whether the large number of girls going on to do science at unversity was helped by the fact that it was an all girls' school.

I think schools are very much like houses. You get a feel for them almost as soon as you step over the threshold - and logic often doesn't come into it. Go with your heart!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now