Places at Beaconsfield High

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
danby

Places at Beaconsfield High

Post by danby »

I understand that beaconsfield high still has a few places for year 7 intake in September. New head, ten Oxbridge offers this year.... the school is going from strength to strength, so worth looking into.
yummycool

Re: Places at Beaconsfield High

Post by yummycool »

Hi danby - do you know what the chances of getting in from Ealing would be? or is it all in catchment?
danby

Post by danby »

Suggest you contact the school directly - hope it goes well!
Marylou

Post by Marylou »

yummycool wrote:Hi danby - do you know what the chances of getting in from Ealing would be? or is it all in catchment?
We had a letter from them a few years ago inviting us to apply for a spare place (OOC with qualified daughter but nearest grammar oversubscribed at the time) - and we are about 60 miles away! So definitely worth getting in touch. :)
Marylou
Booklady

Post by Booklady »

Yummycool - BHS is all offered right now - so everyone who asked for a place has got one - wherever they are. It's a great school - my DD in Year 7 - we have been very pleased with it.
yummycool

Post by yummycool »

good to hear :) we are looking at the 2013 intakes - will keep in mind.
Jules7

Post by Jules7 »

My DD is also in Y7 at BHS and loves it. We are very pleased with all aspects. Would def recommend looking at. By the way, although the new Head has now started, the previous Acting Head was extremely good and well liked by the pupils so this aspect didn't put us off last year anyway.
yummycool

Post by yummycool »

Hi just thought to say that I called the school today to ask if they considered out of catchment area pupils. A lovely lady returned my call to say that this year they had and that it depended year upon year. She also said not to give up if this was the school for us (will keep in mind for 2013 intake). :)
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

BHS has extended to "All Offered" only twice in recent years - this year and in 2009. You can see the past Allocation Profiles here: http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/school ... n-profiles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please don't pin your hopes on getting a place at the school. With a new Head and with things moving forward after a few problems (not academic ones) I suspect it will become more popular.

On a more general note ...

The vacant places are for this year's Y7. Any applicant wanting to take advantage of the vacancies can call the school in the first instance, but ultimately they must apply to Bucks CC for late testing. The late testing procedure for this year ceases in July, and can be very tricky to navigate.

BCC specifies that it is for (my words) children who have moved into the area after the main testing process has been completed. It isn't easy to overcome that stricture unless you have, quite genuinely, moved into the area since October 2011.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now