bright sparks

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

faz

bright sparks

Post by faz »

Hi,
Can anyone please tell me whether the old susan verbal reasoning papers are the same as the new bright sparks books. And if they are not which ones are harder, also are you able to get walsh paper that are standard, and which papers are harder bright spark or the titors.
Thanks in advance, and sorry if this has been asked before.
copella

Re: bright sparks

Post by copella »

Hi I'm sure someone else will come along with a more complete answer but as far as I am aware bright sparks are not new and have been around for several years. So they may be the same as the other Susan d papers you have. Bright sparks are harder than tutors. I would search posts by Patricia. She has done a fantastic plan of how to DIY/home tutor in the bucks section. If you are sitting DAO this will need to be supplemented with papers by aphey as they do the more wordy type questions found in their tests.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Bright Sparks are different to the other Susan D papers. I think Walsh only comes in one format but you can adjust. Tutors, Bright Sparks and Walsh are all harder than others. Remind us which schools are you aiming for. DG
faz

Post by faz »

Hi am in watford herts so most schls need to sit exam. As unlikely to get in on distance as my son didn't. We are considering wggs, ricky etc. So are the bright sparks harder or similar level to her other two books. What percentage shall I aim for.
copella

Post by copella »

Hi Faz, as I said previously look at Patricia's sticky in the bucks section this will help you alot.

Walsh are hardest, with Bright Sparks which come in packs of 4 just behind and then the Tutors are in the middle.

My DS found VR easy and so was always in the 90% for his scores. He would only get about two or three wrong and was consistent with this in the actual exam as well. I am not sure what the schools are like which you are applying for, but if they are highly competitive then I would say you will need to aim for 90% plus to get a place. Do look at Patricia's sticky it really will help you, but you will also need to look at other VR papers if the schools you are going to do the more wordy questions as well.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now