updates

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tutor

updates

Post by tutor »

Update your info!!!!!!! Kent now use non VR as well. Also might change dates!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

I think ifyou read the information in detail you will find this is already covered.
Peter

Post by Peter »

Guest55 wrote:I think ifyou read the information in detail you will find this is already covered.
It may well have been covered somewhere, but the information on Kent 11 Plus region is not just out of date, much of it is simply wrong and is badly misinforming browsers.

I have pointed this out before to no avail.
Kentman

Post by Kentman »

Peter/Tutor

As you may gather this forum covers all areas of 11+ sometimes information regarding a certain area may change, without members informing us of this we really have no other way of finding this out.

So maybe you should try again and point it out on the forum, thus given others the chance to either clarify things to you or sort them out.

Looking forward to receiving the opportunity to straighten things out.
We are only here to help other like minded parents if you can help us in this quest please feel free to pass comment NOT judgement!

Kentman.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Peter,

Why don't you PM forumadmin then?
Peter

Post by Peter »

Thanks for the advice. However, I did this a year ago and seeing no change, also a month ago.

Do you have any other suggestions?
Peter

Post by Peter »

Dear Kentman.

Where do you begin?

1) The description posted on the 11 Plus Region for Kent suggests the process is for the whole of Kent. In fact it is for an obsolete system that only ever operated for six grammar schools in North West Kent and stopped in 2006.
2) You will have observed that the advice was written in 2005.
3) Non verbal reasoning is required across the whole of Kent, not as suggested in some Boroughs such as Sevenoaks?!
4) Indeed there has never been such a thing as an exam set for a Borough, as stated on the posting.
5)The comment on verbal reasoning was wrong in 2005 for North West Kent.
6) The advice on appeals is also faulty. It doesn't mention the headteacher's appeal. It refers to being allocated the worst school in the Borough - this is meaningless and wrong. There are also other problems with it. You should ignore it and go to the appeal advice pages on this website.
7)It doesn't refer to the complex school arrangements in West Kent, where highest scores count for some schools and there is massive oversubscription, causing innumerable problems for parents (most posters on this site come from that area!).

I hope the above is an indication of the problems with this page. Your comment that things may change is indeed pertinent, but if they are wrong to start with and not amended when the errors are pointed out, this does not help parents.

Post by Guest »

I have also commented on the inaccuracies in the past.

In addition to the points made by Peter, parents should also note that:

1. The maths and verbal reasoning are multiple choice, not standard format as stated;

2. The English does not include a comprehension test. Furthermore it won't "change a fail into a pass". It is merely made available to the appeals panel in the event of a headteacher's appeal. It will be considered along with examples of the child's school work to decide whether to allow the appeal.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Peter and others,

The page is clearly dated and I believe will be updated soon - this website covers a lot of areas of the country and many areas change every year. The advice is always to check with your LA.
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear All [thats tutors and Parents]

I have spoken to Forumadmin, who will soon update the page accordingly. Meanwhile it would be much appreciated if we could get a clear indication of all the facts [for ALL areas of Kent],

The Official line from Kent County Coucil, 2007 entry was...

http://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-le" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... aq1107.htm

Who are the publishers that set each of the exams?

Which tests?

Timing of tests?

How many questions?

How is the pass mark set?

Any other relevant information???

Patricia

Start Posting [please]