What order were the Kent papers in 2011?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
greenwichdad

What order were the Kent papers in 2011?

Post by greenwichdad »

A strange question, I know, but we need to know what orders the papers were taken in the Kent test last September. Can anyone remember, please? (DS can't).

I recall the English composition was last, but am not sure in what order the VR, NVR and Maths came, would really appreciate if anybody knows.

Many thanks.

GD
portia1

Re: What order were the Kent papers in 2011?

Post by portia1 »

Hi on the Tuesday morning the children sat VR first , break and then NVR,
Wednesday, Maths first, break then English, hope this helps :D
greenwichdad

Post by greenwichdad »

thanks Portia,

You've reminded me that I didn't state this was for the OOB people who sat the test in one day, at the school on Saturday the 17th. My bad...
neurotic kent mum

Post by neurotic kent mum »

I am so sad my dc cannot sit all the papers in one day like those ooc. Having put two dc through the whole two day process it is truly horrible. They might sleep the first night but don't the second if either exam went badly. If all went well the first day they had no adrenalin for the second day. I understand the pressure of three exams - in all honesty the essay is irrelevant- but think they should all do this on the same day at the same time=parity.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

From the other side of the fence, doing it all on one day seemed like a huge marathon for the OOC children and I felt when my DS took the Kent test, that they were disadvantaged by it. For a start, you had to get to the centre for 8.30 and it was 45 minutes away from us (and we are only in Medway). They children were there until after 1.30 with the four exams and breaks, with only small snacks. It seemed like a massive slog and I'm sure their energy levels must have been pretty low for the last one. Plus there is the stress of taking the test in exam halls in strange surroundings - didn't affect mine a jot, but he told me gleefully this morning of how many were in floods of tears at the time!

Even with only three papers to take in Medway, almost everyone has welcomed the move to put the test back into schools over two days.
greenwichdad

Post by greenwichdad »

Yup, I think it was very gruelling all in one day... and there were a few kids looked very distressed.

Can you remember the order of the papers, Samlet? I got one PM (for which thanks) suggesting Maths was first, it could be v helpful to find out that this is correct.

TIA.
Muggle

Post by Muggle »

Hi,

It was a really long and tiring day for the children. Some children were allocated very inconvenient and far away test centres and had such an early start to the day. My DD is very laid back and took it all in her stride, but a few candidates found it quite overwhelming.

I remember that NVR was the 3rd paper and composition was 4th. But can't remember the order of Maths or VR.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

Hi Greenwichdad

My DS is very confident that it was Maths, VR, NVR and finally English. This was 2010, but I don't suppose it has changed, esp since it seems to fit with the other information.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now