Registering for Consortium exam

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
hairydog

Registering for Consortium exam

Post by hairydog »

14th of May is fast approaching! Does anyone have any info on the process of registering for the test.
Thanks.
WP

Re: Registering for Consortium exam

Post by WP »

hairydog wrote:14th of May is fast approaching! Does anyone have any info on the process of registering for the test.
Thanks.
According to the WGGS website,
Registration to sit the tests will open on 14th May and close on 15th June. The address of the test registration website and the address for postal registration will be published on 14th May; a link to the registration website will appear on each school's website on that day. Schools will have paper registration forms if requested.
RationalityRules

Post by RationalityRules »

Thanks for that WP.

I agree Hairydog, 14th is fast approaching and doesn't it make you feel like September will soon be here too! RR
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Thanks, could not see anything on Parmiters website. Starting to feel very real!
RationalityRules

Hairydog, you have a son don't you? Is Parmiters your first choice school? We are undecided between WBGS and Parmiters. Watford Boys is closer but not sure if it's sporty enough for our DS.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Gosh! One week after Summer half term of Year 5 your chance to sign up for the Watford Consortium entrance exams goes away and after that your only chance to apply for these schools is by moving into their inner catchment area. I do hope the message has been received by Year Five parents loud and clear. In just one year the closing date has moved from October 31st to June 15th, that is a big change. It really has become something you have to focus on in Year Five. Is there an Information Evening at the schools before the closing date at all? DG
WP

Post by WP »

hairydog wrote:Thanks, could not see anything on Parmiters website. Starting to feel very real!
Always check the WGGS website for consortium news, even if you're not interested in that school, because they're usually the most up-to-date. But to be fair the same info is in a link at the bottom of the Parmiter's admissions page.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

Thanks, will always double check WGGS. I have got so used to looking at Parmiters I can't actually see anything! RR, yes I have a ds. Parmiters is our only Consortium school apart from St Clement Danes and I don't think that's really a realistic journey as we are in St Albans.

DAO - we have had no information at all from out primary school and talking to other parents, not many St Albans schools have provided information either. I only found out after browsing and finding this site. I did spread the word locally and amongst parents in our year but I wonder if many people will be caught out?
RationalityRules

Our WD3 primary school has given out printed information to all Year 5 parents and held an information evening to make sure everyone is aware of the relevant dates. In our area there are only really the Consortium Schools, one Catholic secondary and one other non-selective secondary, so most families will have Consortium Schools as some (or all) of their options.

It's interesting to hear on this forum of families who are applying to schools that aren't near to their homes. Where we live, it's fairly unusual for families to apply to any schools that they can't walk to!

Our primary Head's advice is that you must put down the local non-selective secondary to be sure of getting a school place somewhere nearby, in case your child isn't offered a place at a selective/partially selective school. But nobody seems to want to do so.
hairydog

Post by hairydog »

In a way things are a bit more straightforward for us as Parmiters is really the only Consortium school we are eligible for apart from St CD and the coach journey is fine according to dc we know already doing it. Our nearest non selective is Verulam which is rapidly improving, so we would be ok with this.

Having the test results in advance will also advantage us as we will have a much better idea of how realistic gaining a place is before submitting the CAF . So although the test is earlier, overall I feel ok about this.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now