INDEPENDENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Wirral

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

nestonmum

INDEPENDENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS?

Post by nestonmum »

Help please! Looking for Primary School on the Wirral for my child starting school Sept 2012. Not quite sure about local primary schools in South Wirral and we are now considering Private Education. Any experience at Prenton Prep? Or any other Private? Is private education better for Primary Schools? Thanks!!
guest43

Re: INDEPENDENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS?

Post by guest43 »

Hi there. There are four independent prep schools on Wirral. Prenton Prep, Avalon, Redcourt and Birkenhead Prep.

The first three act in practice essentially as feeders for various grammar schools (i.e. Prenton-Wirral, Avalon-Calday/WK, Redcourt-Upton/StA) and at that they generally are a success. Birkenhead Prep is an integral part of a through independent school to 18.

You will not get a bipartisan answer about the merits versus the state system. Personally my DD has only been in independent education and I don't begrudge the payment of a single penny!

I am sure you will get a number of different views on this forum and also people with experience of the various schools. You should also contact the schools and ask to have a look around. I'm sure they will all be happy to see you.
nestonmum

Re: INDEPENDENT PRIMARY SCHOOLS?

Post by nestonmum »

Many thanks guest43. Have been to see Birkenhead and Prenton Prep but not the other two yet. Will probably do soon. Also visited a couple of the local Primary Schools. They looked good but the difference in class sizes is major. Difficult decission abut also so exciting!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now