Allocations Round 3

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

hasmum

Allocations Round 3

Post by hasmum »

Hi,
Anyone waiting for Bucks GS this round from out of county? cannot believe how soon March came and went and now on to 3rd round already.

Was on 1st position on waiting list for JHGS, hope nobody has creeped in before us :x I believe they are posting letters on Friday if allocated. If anyone sees the Bucks allocations profile updated for 3rd round please post.
SUpple

Re: Allocations Round 3

Post by SUpple »

Hi,

Good luck to everyone waiting in round 3. The 1st position sounds hopeful, so fingers crossed it all goes well for you.

And don't forget the problems I had with Ealing during round 2....they kept me waiting and waiting. Hopefully you should know next week. Anyway, keep us posted.

xx
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Thanks SUpple,
BCC I find are much more efficient, did you get a letter from them first or was it only from Ealing last month?

For this school they went upto 15 miles last allocation so if letter is delayed the allocation profile may shed some light. (I hope). :)
SUpple

Post by SUpple »

The way I found out was :

1. On the Saturday, the 2nd round allocation distances were posted on BCC website (indicating that we were within the distance being offered to)
2. A few days later, a letter from BCC stating that our appeal at BGS "has been settled" and therefore they won't be sending us an appeal date.
3. The following day, I phoned Ealing, and they said to ask BCC. So we phoned BCC and they said yes, DS has a place at BGS.
4. A few days later, a letter finally arrived from Ealing confirming it all.

It's not until step 4 that we actually breathed a sigh of relief! The whole thing took over a week to get confirmed, and was actually quite stressful as I kept thinking an admin error may have been made.

Good luck, I hope you get a place at JHGS.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Thanks,
Hopefully we should hear something on saturday if we don't get a letter, the distance allocated is also helpful.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

OMG,
Time 00.10 and I thought lets check Bucks cc website to confirm date for 3rd round (for the 150th time :D )
and was shocked to find they have already put the 3rd round profile on, and it goes as far as 20.05 miles and I believe that will be us, obviously have to wait for it in writing, .......sigh of relief. BCC are truly great compared to our local one, for being so efficient.
faitaccompli

Post by faitaccompli »

That's looking very promising! Fingers crossed for your letter tomorrow! :D
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

Hi Sally anne,
If on the allocation profile it states additional offers made on the distance criteria does that mean they went over PAN?
just curious :roll:
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

hasmum wrote:If on the allocation profile it states additional offers made on the distance criteria does that mean they went over PAN?
No, they cannot exceed the PAN at this stage other than in very exceptional circumstances, such as a serious administrative error - most unlikely by the third round.

It just means that someone turned down a place, so the allocation distance crept out a bit further.
hasmum

Post by hasmum »

We got a letter from Ealing confirming our offer for JHGS. DS still likes Herschel, but bossy parents are pushing for JH as we planned our move now. We have till Friday to decide. :roll: :(

I really am thrilled as we got offered so far away, feels like a dream come true...lets hope ds doesn't get too upset.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now