Stroud High School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
relievedit'sallover

Stroud High School

Post by relievedit'sallover »

I have just heard this afternoon that we'll be getting a school visit next week (Malmesbury area) from SHS. I know of a couple of girls from the area who will be starting in September but is there anyone else from Malmesbury and the surrounding village schools with DD's going to SHS who might like to meet up before September? If so please PM me.

I hope I haven't contravened any forum rules doing this?!
capers123

Re: Stroud High School

Post by capers123 »

relievedit'sallover wrote: I hope I haven't contravened any forum rules doing this?!
Don't think so. You're not saying anything unpleasant or for touting for business. Trying to meet up with other local families is fine. Shouldn't it be in the Wiltshire forum though? :wink:

For another taster of what's available at SHS / Marling (and local-ish to you), their school barn dance band play at Chippenham Folk Festival which is coming up over the Jubilee weekend. I think they perform mainly on the Friday at workshops for local schools but also do the main public stage in the park. Although any child of G5 up can join the band, they don't start doing gigs until Y9 (they do get paid) and the ones at the festival will be Y11 up.

Other barn dance bands are available.
Capers
relievedit'sallover

Post by relievedit'sallover »

Thanks, the Folk Festival sounds great. I did (very fleetingly) think of Wiltshire but I think we're so close to the Gloucs border there will probably be more here.... a" nearly in Gloucs but not quite" forum!
capers123

Post by capers123 »

I suspect the journey to Salisbury might prove a little difficult from Malmesbury.
Capers
Amber

Post by Amber »

capers123 wrote:I suspect the journey to Salisbury might prove a little difficult from Malmesbury.
In my experience the journey to Salisbury proves a little difficult from anywhere.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now