Number of places offered in & out of borough

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

goldjag

Number of places offered in & out of borough

Post by goldjag »

Does anyone know have many places were offered to children going to WHSG & SHSG in borough & out of borough?
Scooby

Post by Scooby »

don't know but if you phone Southend Council and ask for secondary school admissions I am sure they will tell you 01702 215000. Please post if you find out as I wouldn't mind knowing too.

Post by Guest »

I was told that only 25 out of catchment places were given for shsb this year.
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

Anonymous wrote:I was told that only 25 out of catchment places were given for shsb this year.
We have received the out of borough address list for SHSB and there were 31 names on there, but these are only the names of those who wanted to go on the list so there may be more.
Southend Mum

Post by Southend Mum »

I was told that SHSG had 109 in-catchment this year.
forgotmypassword

Post by forgotmypassword »

I apologise, this has nothing to do with the original poster's question, but a question for shrimpergarry, if you don't mind.
You've mentioned a couple of times the out of catchment list you received for SHSB. I'm curious! What is the function of this list?! Is the intention for your child to meet up with future schoolmates?
My daughter has an out of catchment place at WSHG and knows no-one else going there. The village we live in has no primary school so children are scattered all over the place attending various different primaries. It would be useful to know if there will be any other nearby girls joining her at senior school.
goldjag

Post by goldjag »

Hi Forgotmypassword

My daughter has also gained a place at WHSG (out of catchment). We live in Hullbridge is this anywhere near to you?
Shrimpergarry

Post by Shrimpergarry »

forgotmypassword wrote:I apologise, this has nothing to do with the original poster's question, but a question for shrimpergarry, if you don't mind.
You've mentioned a couple of times the out of catchment list you received for SHSB. I'm curious! What is the function of this list?! Is the intention for your child to meet up with future schoolmates?
My daughter has an out of catchment place at WSHG and knows no-one else going there. The village we live in has no primary school so children are scattered all over the place attending various different primaries. It would be useful to know if there will be any other nearby girls joining her at senior school.
It was something new they tried this year. Entry onto the list is optional, but I believe the idea is that it gives the opportunity for parents to arrange transport together or simply for the children to meet up.

We also received a letter from the school yesterday inviting all the more remote located boys in together one morning in a couple of weeks time (in lieu of a SHSB teacher visiting the primary school of new boys) - this is in addition to the induction day in July.
G

Post by G »

Hi - I remembered my password!
Thanks Garry - sounds a good idea. I wonder if any of the other Southend Grammars will do something similar.
Goldjag - we're not far from Hullbridge - would you be interested in our girls meeting up?
goldjag

Post by goldjag »

Hi G

Yes that would be nice. At the moment she doesn't know anyone else who is going. Do you know how to post your own e mail address or phone number without letting everyone else know?. Then we could liase directly & arrange for them to meet up.

regards Jacqui
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now