Crypt School Ofsted report

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
gloucestermum

Crypt School Ofsted report

Post by gloucestermum »

We have just had an email from the school to say that the recent Ofsted report has judged the school to be "outstanding" in all categories!!

:D
neveragain*

Re: Crypt School Ofsted report

Post by neveragain* »

Whoopee!
totally_gutted

Post by totally_gutted »

It made very nice reading didnt it? Gave you a warm fuzzy feeling inside!

Shame it didnt arrive yesterday as could have used some the comments in my appeal hearing - as it was I had to make to with the last one from 2008 but hopefully I still got across the points I was trying to make.
froggy35

Post by froggy35 »

Had to reply because Crypt simply couldn't rate any higher in our family's estimation! We have experience of STRS and Pates, but our youngest is at Crypt (they are all very different characters, and we thought they would suit different schools).
It really is a superb school, and thus far, truth be told, has been our most positive schooling experience for any of our boys. Mr Standen is the most dynamic, thorough and forward-thinking head and his influence is evident.
We are so pleased for the school and so proud of it. I was talking to a bus company employee recently who mentioned that there are some pupils who travel from Chippenham to then get the bus from Cirencester and Tetbury to get to Pates. Each to their own, I thought at the time, but then I asked my son if he would be prepared to travel that far for the Crypt and his response was "If I had to get up at 5am and not get home until 7pm to go to my school I would do it." I never had such enthusiasm from the others - whatever the Crypt's magic formula is, just keep it coming!
As to the Gloucester Grammar snobbery that Neveragain mentioned, we live just outside Cheltenham, and know lots of boys at different schools, and that certainly isn't the case around here. Pates has a certain reputation, as does Tommies, and they are all great schools in their own ways, but Crypt is very much seen as the school on the up. In our experience it has certainly been the most positively productive school, there is no angst and none of the "You are the top blah blah percentile" elitist nonsense that you can get (I had it at my school too). The pastoral care is top notch, which to my mind takes so much potential for stress at school away that it is probably the most important factor for me now, older and wiser (ish!) as I am.
I'm wittering on, and I'm not even looking at this forum for me! Time to go methinks :) Well done Crypt!
Stressed?Moi?

Post by Stressed?Moi? »

froggy35 wrote:Had to reply because Crypt simply couldn't rate any higher in our family's estimation! We have experience of STRS and Pates, but our youngest is at Crypt (they are all very different characters, and we thought they would suit different schools).
It really is a superb school, and thus far, truth be told, has been our most positive schooling experience for any of our boys. Mr Standen is the most dynamic, thorough and forward-thinking head and his influence is evident.
We are so pleased for the school and so proud of it. I was talking to a bus company employee recently who mentioned that there are some pupils who travel from Chippenham to then get the bus from Cirencester and Tetbury to get to Pates. Each to their own, I thought at the time, but then I asked my son if he would be prepared to travel that far for the Crypt and his response was "If I had to get up at 5am and not get home until 7pm to go to my school I would do it." I never had such enthusiasm from the others - whatever the Crypt's magic formula is, just keep it coming!
As to the Gloucester Grammar snobbery that Neveragain mentioned, we live just outside Cheltenham, and know lots of boys at different schools, and that certainly isn't the case around here. Pates has a certain reputation, as does Tommies, and they are all great schools in their own ways, but Crypt is very much seen as the school on the up. In our experience it has certainly been the most positively productive school, there is no angst and none of the "You are the top blah blah percentile" elitist nonsense that you can get (I had it at my school too). The pastoral care is top notch, which to my mind takes so much potential for stress at school away that it is probably the most important factor for me now, older and wiser (ish!) as I am.
I'm wittering on, and I'm not even looking at this forum for me! Time to go methinks :) Well done Crypt!
It's funny but there is a very clear 1st 2nd and 3rd feel to the grammars. A friend of mine (whose DD will be going to HSFG) said to me when the results came out "Oh didn't she get into HSFG? Never mind, I've heard Ribston is OK, so don't worry"!
DC17C

Post by DC17C »

It's funny but there is a very clear 1st 2nd and 3rd feel to the grammars. A friend of mine (whose DD will be going to HSFG) said to me when the results came out "Oh didn't she get into HSFG? Never mind, I've heard Ribston is OK, so don't worry"![/quote]

There is always going to be a degree of this due to the differing qualifying scores, the nature of the selection process and everyone "wanting the best for their child". My dd is going to Ribston because that is the school she liked- but I still feel like I have to qualify it with - she did qualify for SHS and HSFG. I think Ribston will be a fantastic school for DD and was really happy to put it as first choice.
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

So it's not just my paranoia then! My eldest qualified in top few for pates years ago and we turned it down as not near us etc. in those days I was oblivious to all the snobbery re schools. Of course the system was different then too, with only some schools sharing scores with us etc. I too am thrilled with our choice of crypt!