Crypt Appeal

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
totally_gutted

Crypt Appeal

Post by totally_gutted »

We received THE LETTER today advising us of the outcome of our appeal, and unfortunately we were unsuccessful. :x so, I remain totally gutted :lol:

If anything, I think I am more disappointed than DS, who is remarkably perky about the whole thing and keeps telling me "it doesn't matter, Mum - don't cry". Disappointed mainly because I believed that our case was a strong one with good evidence of academic ability. It can't however have been strong enough.

Anyway, what's done is done - as my wise old DD said, "everything happens for a reason" , and whatever the reason it means that DS will be at SevernVale in September and not Crypt. I know he will do amazingly there, and he will probably even end up in a 6th form somewhere with some of your DD's and DS's

I have to say however that, without this site and all the fantastic people who contribute to it, I don't think that I would have been able to put together such a good case (or what I believed to be a good case). To receive such kind words and support from "strangers" just goes to show that there are some lovely people out there.

Good luck to all your DC's in their new schools, and fingers crossed for all those still waitng for appeal outcomes
Last edited by totally_gutted on Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber

Re: Crypt Appeal

Post by Amber »

Very sorry to hear this TG...but look at your son's amazing attitude! What great strength of character he has. Many children who sailed into the GS of their choice will have far less about them...often those who find things easy don't really appreciate what life is all about. You should be really proud of him- and his sister for her supportive words- and find something in that to celebrate this weekend just as if your appeal had succeeded... A special meal or another thing you love doing together as a family.

And always remember...if SevernVale doesn't work out (and I am sure it will) you can always contact Crypt before Year 8 and ask about in-year admissions, and again before Year 9, and again before Year 10.

Best wishes to you and him. :)
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

So sorry to hear your news totally_gutted. I know exactly how you feel.

SV will be lucky to have your DS.

Best wishes to you both x
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Have sent you a pm my dear and thinking of you! What a fab supportive mum you have been and as you know, SV is such a good comp. DS will do brilliantly there and be nurtured. Home life so important and your boy clearly has loving family around him! Keep in touchx
Glos_Mum

Post by Glos_Mum »

Last edited by Glos_Mum on Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
totally_gutted

Post by totally_gutted »

Thank you all so much for your kind words and pm's (which set me off all emotional again just when i thought I was getting it together :?:)

Think we may go to Highnam Court tomorrow to the motor show, DS will love the DeLorean if nothing else. Unfortunately DH has plans and DD will be deep in A2 revision but we will def do something together soon Amber.
If anyone else is going, I will be the one with the red eyes behind sunglasses, the Shiraz hangover and the 11 y old beanpole with no teeth :)

Love you all x
neveragain*

Post by neveragain* »

Sleep well x
mum23*

Post by mum23* »

Just wanted to wish you and DS all the best TG. Hope it all goes well. x
gloucestermum

Post by gloucestermum »