How long does the 11 plus test take?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

palacebelle

How long does the 11 plus test take?

Post by palacebelle »

Hi
Could someone tell me how long the 11 plus test takes on the day/how long they are in the test room? My DD is OOC so will take the test on the Saturday. I did a search for this question but nothing appeared although its probably been asked lots of times. :oops:
Many thanks
:D
Samlet

Re: How long does the 11 plus test take?

Post by Samlet »

Hi You will need to be at the test centre at about 8.30 as I recall (it can be anywhere - ours was 40 minutes from home) and the children get out at about 1.30-1.45. It's a long morning for them (mind you, I found it pretty awful waiting!)

I don't know if you can ask for a specific location - I assumed I'd get somewhere close and was surprised by what we got.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Hi there, try this link:

http://www.kent.gov.uk/education_and_le ... -plus.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It tells you a little bit about each of the papers (including length) so add a bit of time for admin and you should have a rough idea.

Hope it helps
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

The other thing to think about is whether you want to do the practise test - it is one week before the real thing in the same centre. No English, just the other three and not marked, but to get them used to the set-up.

:)
palacebelle

Post by palacebelle »

Thats great thanks everyone! :D
sunnysue

Post by sunnysue »

i rang kentcc on 1st june and they said they still weren't sure where the test for OOC would be held, but perhaps ashford.

they strongly recommended the practice test the week before, but for us OOCs it's a long way to travel two consecutive weekends. at the very least order from amazon a set of GL assessment official 11+ papers and get your DD to do them under test conditions ie with a pencil filling in the MC answer sheets, no interruptions, timed etc.

the online registration system for OOC should now be well up and running so i imagine there will be info on that soon if not already as to location.
Samlet

Post by Samlet »

When my DS1 did it, we got told where to take the test much later - it isn't one centre as some people got Sittingbourne from memory and I have read of people on here who got Tunbridge Wells. We got Ashford, surprisingly distant from us, but easy motorway access.
Victoriapoggins

Post by Victoriapoggins »

Just registered DD for Kent, although I wonder if it's worth it as Dartford Grammar for Girls was our "dream school" but due to change of admissions policy we'd have no chance due to distance. This was really the only feasible Kent option as we are in SE18.

Wondering if it is even worth it, but I'm thinking it could be good to do as a practice run for Bexley, as it's the week before.

Any other 2013 takers based in my locale having similar thoughts?