Plan B School Options?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Victoriapoggins

Plan B School Options?

Post by Victoriapoggins »

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone else is starting to draw up a Plan B list of schools should their DD/DS not be successful in obtaining a Grammar place?

We live in SE18 & I'm starting to think this through & ideas are:

Greenwich Free School - went to open evening, very impressed with Head, principles & ethos. The nice thing is it would be a walk to school school & so mean friends located close by in our neighbourhood

Swallowing all my principles, looking at scholarship/bursary routes for independents:

Blackheath High
City of London School for Girls (accessible direct from DLR at Woolwich)

Does anyone have any other suggestions of schools I might not have thought of?
morgana

Re: Plan B School Options?

Post by morgana »

I know of someone who did not pass Bexley and Kent but managed to get a 50% scolarship at Colfes. The DC is coming to the end of year 7 now and is very happy there.
cherryo

Post by cherryo »

My plan B schools are also independent (not my first choice but all that is on offer where we live). I am looking at Bromley High, Babington House and Farringtons.
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

This was also my plan B- Independent schools.....Assuming you can get into them! The competition for good schools is higher than for grammar places. So, unfortunately, Indies are not plan B :wink:
cherryo

Post by cherryo »

The selective indies are hard to get into but there are a number of non selective in Bromley including Farringtons and Babington House.
nina1on

Post by nina1on »

Yes, but the author mentioned City of London and Blackheat...which are very selective.
MadHatter

Post by MadHatter »

Have you considered Jags and Sydenham High (girls) and Alleyns (mixed) in Dulwich/Sydenham areas? I think they all have school coach schemes and are pretty accessible by bus/train.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now