Year 5 parents applying to Queens' under sibling or distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
busybeenfun

Year 5 parents applying to Queens' under sibling or distance

Post by busybeenfun »

Just a note to the parents of current Year 5 pupils who will be applying to Queens' under the sibling or distance rules in the Autumn, you will need to register (before Friday 15th June) to sit the SW Consortium academic test.

This is because Queens' require ALL applicants to sit the academic test regardless of the rule under which they apply.

The SW Consortium and Queens' websites state the following:

Because Queens’ School uses the information from the admission tests in order to group the new intake appropriately, it is necessary for all potential applicants to Queens’ to sit the tests, including those intending to apply as siblings of a present pupil of the school. This is not done to determine whether they will be offered a place as this is guaranteed under the sibling rule. This applies only to applicants for places at Queens’ School.

I am not sure how well known this rule is known (not a problem when you applied to the school first before sitting the test as this prompted inclusion in the academic testing).

BBF
WP

Re: Year 5 parents applying to Queens' under sibling or dist

Post by WP »

All applicants to Bushey Meads will have to register for the test as well, because BM uses the test for its banded admissions (see their admissions page).
KS10

Post by KS10 »

I nearly had a heart attack today when somebody insisted that DD (Year 5) would have to take the test in order to qualify even though DS is at Parmiter's. I suppose she knew about BM and Queens' and assumed it was the same for Parmiter's (she says hopefully).
AlisonR

Post by AlisonR »

No need to worry if DS is at Parmiters your DD will get into Parmiters via the sibling rule without having to sit any entrance tests, assuming DS will still be at Parmiters when DD starts.
KS10

Post by KS10 »

That's a relief. I knew I was right but when you hear stuff like that doubt sets in. Thanks.
C. J.

Post by C. J. »

Siblings will still be guaranteed a place at the schools 'though, even if they don't sit the test. The admissions sec might just be a bit grumpy.....
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now